GDT: Ana @ Arz. 6:00 Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Jesus Hampus that was a f***ing brutal pass. At least it was defended well coming back.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Steel was a top 3 player on our team that period and that's not saying much...

Awful period

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It seems they still aren't trusting where guys are going to be when they retain the puck, hence the immediate decision to just go off the boards. They need to cut that habit out, they hardly ever have the puck.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Shit period, there were about 2 shifts with any sort of extended zone time at even strength.

Someone win a board battle, please, I beg.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
We still look like an enthusiastic cluster****. This season is going to be an adventure.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I’m uncertain if the scheme is bad, they haven’t learned the new scheme, or if our D simply isnt as good as we thought they were.

I’m inclined to lean towards the first two, if only because we’ve seen them play much better.

But I’m not going to say #3 isn’t possible.

As Static suggested, even if it’s the first two, you can’t take responsibility off the individual players.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I don't ever remember them being this bad passing the puck under BB.

Passing is fundamental. Coaches can make it tougher for players to know where teammates are going to be, but once a player picks up his head and tries to make a pass, it’s on them.

Reactions: KyleJRM

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
No coach tells the team to pass poorly. The players aren't playing the system, they are panicking under pressure and not looking for sticks.

To chime in from the peanut gallery, these growing pains sound very similar to what the Coyotes had last season when they switched from Tippett's system to Tocchets. Albeit with more talent :P

Reactions: Sojourn

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
To chime in from the peanut gallery, these growing pains sound very similar to what the Coyotes had last season when they switched from Tippett's system to Tocchets. Albeit with more talent :P

Who let you in here?

DVM... you don’t know where he’s been, man. He might have fleas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad