An unfair retroactive armchair gm question

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No to Iginla, Yes to Boychuk and yes to Thornton, think his leadership is missed? I know the people that hate fighting and stat geeks are glad he's gone but I can't picture this team being as lifeless as many times as they have been this year if Thornton was still here.

Can we please get past this? Loved Sugar when he was here, but the idea that he would have made a difference this year is one I completely disagree with.

He was cooked last year.

Hope he comes back to the B's in some capacity when he's done playing.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Can we please get past this? Loved Sugar when he was here, but the idea that he would have made a difference this year is one I completely disagree with.

He was cooked last year.

Hope he comes back to the B's in some capacity when he's done playing.

They needed somebody for that roll. Thornton brought leadership and has played OK in Florida. Robins did alright before getting hurt. Randell should have gotten a look or another player, ideally who could play a bit and be a locker room presence, should have been brought in. Instead Thornton's replacement was Simon Gagne, it didn't work and has effected the team all year in my opinion.

Scoring and a number 3 D are bigger needs but filling a fourth line enforcer/hitter roll should not have been an issue. Getting younger and more talented with Simon Gagne was a bad joke.

Too much leadership lost in the past two off seasons in Ference, Iginla, Thornton and Boychuk, all of whom also provided grit and physical play that is still sorely lacking on Chiareli's failed 2015 Bruins.

Not to mention terrible drafting over the past few seasons (I won't judge this year yet), awful trades and poor cap management.

Besides that Chiarelli is an A+ GM.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad