Line Combos: An open letter to Mike Babcock about the PK

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Dear Mike,

Are you planning on burning out Ron Hainsey next season? Do you plan on playing him on every single penalty kill? If not I'd like to know who you plan on replacing him with, or who the team is acquiring to fix this issue. Let me know.

Sincerely,

H.B.H.Y.D.

Seriously folks. What does TOR's plan on doing to fix the D in regards to the penalty kill?

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I'll be interested to see if Hainsey has anything left in the tank.

We basically beat him into the ground last season and he was already an old player.

Hopefully he shows up to camp and looks fresh and ready but I wouldnt at all be shocked if 10 games in we're saying "Man Hainsey looks toast".

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Probably best to fill out the roster first before worrying about such things.....3 months until camp.

Reactions: saltming

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Babs has to start trusting some more players. I can't believe Dermott scored, played good in game 7 and saw less than 8 minutes with what was going on.,

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Babs has to start trusting some more players. I can't believe Dermott scored, played good in game 7 and saw less than 8 minutes with what was going on.,
if he played less than 8 minutes its probably because he wasn't good

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
they need to sign a defender that has penalty kill experience. hainsey shouldn't get very little ice time on the penalty kill

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He scored a goal, had great advanced stats in a small sample size, Gardiner was on the ice for 5 goals against, but Dermott was not good?
the eye test says otherwise how does gardiner being on the ice for 5 goals relate to dermott?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad