An Islanders fan's eulogy for the Nassau Coliseum

bsutch

Dec 15, 2014
Good morning, everyone.

Please check out my latest post for Along the Boards. Islanders fan and Long Island native David Wurtzel put together a short film saluting the Nassau Coliseum and the memories the team will be leaving behind when they move to Brooklyn next year:

I'd love to hear everyone's all-time favorite Coliseum memories. Even though I wasn't there for it in person, mine has to be the Shawn Bates penalty shot in the 2002 playoffs. What's yours?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Good morning, everyone.

Please check out my latest post for Along the Boards. Islanders fan and Long Island native David Wurtzel put together a short film saluting the Nassau Coliseum and the memories the team will be leaving behind when they move to Brooklyn next year:

I'd love to hear everyone's all-time favorite Coliseum memories. Even though I wasn't there for it in person, mine has to be the Shawn Bates penalty shot in the 2002 playoffs. What's yours?

That was definitely my favorite in person moment. I was at game 4 against Pittsburgh 1.5 years ago - just as loud and intense.

There is nothing like a playoff atmosphere in the Coliseum - especially nowadays. Sure you can't walk in the concourse during intermission without getting trampled, but the place is absolutely bananas inside.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Been to many games at the coliseum with my brother (he's and isles fan and I'm a rangers fan). For some reason always loved it as a hockey arena. When the games meant something the building would rock and you could feel the intensity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad