An Islander - Habs final is inevitable

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
...dunno if you're aware, but no team in the NHL has run more interference/obstruction this Playoffs than Vegas, the ONLY team out of the four left you didn't mention here...

Exactly. Vegas doesn't have a lot of high-end talent, yet here they are again in the final four.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I may be remembering incorrectly but I'm pretty sure those Pens and Detroit games were full of obstruction, but then again probably not quite as bad as today. The playoffs have pretty much always been like this.

For a few years they weren't, and that was when the skilled teams really shined.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I like seeing stars win championships. The NHL needs to cater their product to allow their stars to have success in the playoffs, not cater their product to allow players like Matt Martin to be relevant in the NHL.

I’m rooting for Montreal though. They have a fun team.

I agree with the first part not the second. MTL is like watching Paint dry.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He sure made a bad play or two.

But let's not give the Islanders any credit for how they played and pressured him.

They seem to be scoring against two of the best goalies past decade in Rask and Vasi as well.

This Islanders inferior complex is one of the most pathetic things ever on here.

The Isles are a good team. They are playing hockey that wins in what the NHL has deemed appropriate in the playoffs.

Barzal is great. Eberle, Bailey, Nelson, Pageau, Palms is wonderful middle depth.

Pulock and Pelech are the best defensive pairing in the league.

That doesn’t change the fact that Trotz’s brand of hockey is to make things dumb as rocks and they have been able to take advantage of terrible goaltending in R1 and an awful D mix with Carlo out in R2.

The Pens won in 2016 against Tampa because of a shitty offside ruling and 2017 against Nashville because of a bullshit call. That’s the playoffs. It doesn’t change the fact those two things are bullshit because the Pens played really good hockey and have a great roster?

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
This Islanders inferior complex is one of the most pathetic things ever.

The Isles are a good time. They are playing hockey that wins in what the NHL has deemed appropriate in the playoffs.

Barzal is great. Eberle, Bailey, Nelson, Pageau, Palms is wonderful middle depth.

Pulock and Pelech are the best defensive pairing in the league.
Inferior complex?

Hardly lol.

Your response doesn't make sense. Just like showing Jarry's performance.

edit - though I will agree with you that the Isles are a good time.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Inferior complex?

Hardly lol.

Your response doesn't make sense. Just like showing Jarry's performance.

yes. Inferior complex. Isles fans are so focused on rationalizing why their team is in contention or why they aren’t boring.

Jarry sucked. That’s why I bring it up. The Penguins outplayed the Isles the majority of the series and lost because Jarry gave away three games. The Isles won those games fair and square. That’s the reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad