News Article: An interview with Brandon Prust...

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Prust "tweeted" Looks like NY doesn't want me...

BS, he wanted $$$

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
i think the point about prust and most pros is, they are driven by challenges. for some, it comes easy and it's about the money. but for many, most even, they have to try harder and be more driven than everyone else. that's who they are and why they make it pro. and that's why they go to different teams for new challenges. i'm sure everyone here knows someone - or is someone - who, changes jobs a lot looking for something more interesting, more challenging. one or two people.
pro athletes are (almost) all like that i think.
nice piece. thank you.

Balej20

Jan 4, 2013
I liked Prust but he was beginning to slow down at the end of last year (which is understandable due to the high octane game he plays), plus 2.5M for a 3rd/4th liner is insane.

I wish him the best in Montreal.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Out of all the departures from last year, this team misses Prust the most. He always seemed to have his hand on the pulse of the team and could start some **** when they needed a boost.

Not worth $2.5M yearly, but still, someone needs to step up in that role.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Out of all the departures from last year, this team misses Prust the most. He always seemed to have his hand on the pulse of the team and could start some **** when they needed a boost.

100% this. I am hoping Powe can help bring some energy but Prust is a unique player in the NHL, hence he got paid.

Drewbackatu*

Great post. Here's the thing; Prust was our best forechecker and arguably our best penalty killer. His loss combined with the other players(Dubi, Ani, Feds, even Mitch) we lost who were also good forecheckers has had a big impact in a negative way on this team.
I'm not suggesting we should have ponied up 10 mil for Prust so what's done is done.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I miss Prust. He was definately one of my favorites. Arguably the best middleweight fighter in the game today. A player though who can provide that role and still contribute on the ice as well.

I dont blame Prust for leaving the Rangers to get the big payday. He certainly put in his dues, and never recieved the big payday yet in his career. Simply put, the Rangers can't afford him. I hope he kicks ass and takes names with Montreal, regardless of whatever he tweeted.

bogans

Mar 24, 2007
Philly
Great post. Here's the thing; Prust was our best forechecker and arguably our best penalty killer. His loss combined with the other players(Dubi, Ani, Feds, even Mitch) we lost who were also good forecheckers has had a big impact in a negative way on this team.
I'm not suggesting we should have ponied up 10 mil for Prust so what's done is done.

Our best forechecker and our best PK'er was and remains Ryan Callahan. Prust is missed, and is very good and both of the tasks named, but do not overlook the captain.

Kershaw

dont miss him at all. got way too much ice time. and his tweet made me strongly dislike him. good riddance

This.

He was a fine player and really leaded by example with his play on the ice. A true heart and soul player. His personal shot against the Rangers management via social media network made me dislike him and from that moment, I knew he was going to be overpaid in FA.

For reference, Prust makes as much as MDZ.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Like Prust, I miss him on the ice, but that was a complete crock of **** about why he went to Montreal.

You mean to tell me that you fit in most in a place where you don't speak the provincial language, had the 3rd overall draft pick last year over a team in NY where you had a niche in which you were one of the better players in the league, you were adored by most fans and an integral part of the team?

Don't insult my intelligence, Brandon.

This team misses John Mitchell too.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Obviously it would be great to still have him on the team.

But not for $2.5M per for 4 years. Don't blame him for taking it though and wish him the best.

zelrio*

Prust's value was at its absolute highest after 2012; any contract given for him would be overpaying, for players like Prust are a dime a dozen - he only looked spectacular because of what Torts brought out of him.

This team misses John Mitchell too.

No, it does not.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I like most people love prust... but like most people agree his price was to much for NYR. He is one of the few players who responds to me on twitter. Dude is cool as ****.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
So he let his impulses and emotions get the better of himself in a single tweet. Holy get-the-****-over-it. I mean seriously, this guy bled blue to the bone for us every game for 3 years, gave us his everything, sacrificed himself countless times, and a single in the moment emotional tweet undoes all of that? Talk about over reaction.

And in the article he says there were several teams that wanted him for around the same money but he chose Montreal for x y and z. He didn't say that's why he didn't stay with the rangers, but instead seemed to be why he chose montreal over other teams seeking his services.

And I also find it to be completely unfair to label all of his comments as ********. If it's one thing he proved to us here time and time and time again is that he is a man of character and integrity. I see no reason whatsoever to question that now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->