News Article: an interesting read (MOD: Sharks offseason analysis)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Good read.

Re-iterates that DW has done nothing in this off season to improve our team. Nor has he done anything which signifies a 'rebuild'.

So much for status quo not being an option.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
And not entirely accurate when it points to that Kawakami thing about DW wanting players to play here not live here being about Thornton and Marleau.

From the second he made that statement, I always thought it was directed primarily at Brad Stuart.

We traded Stuart (a miracle), traded Boyle's rights, and bought out Havlat. Those 3 moves alone saved us a ton of $$$, and made them a better team. Looking forward to seeing Burns back at D, but we do need another F...but I have a feeling that move is coming near/at the trade deadline. Would love to see a LH PMD as well (now or later via trade or RFA offer). Have not been a fan of the the signings of the Hanson Brothers....but just getting rid of Stuart, Boyle, and Havlat makes this a great offseason in my book.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
Obviously Vlasic not being there was huge as the flood gates were open. Our team still should have found a way to win. Let's not dwell and work on the that mental toughness during the offseason and during the season so come playoff time nobody will want to play us.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Obviously Vlasic not being there was huge as the flood gates were open. Our team still should have found a way to win. Let's not dwell and work on the that mental toughness during the offseason and during the season so come playoff time nobody will want to play us.

Didn't you hear, we signed John Scott, and we have Raffi Torres, they already don't want to play us :P

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

Teams that weren't lacking their #1 D-man also lost to the same team so I wouldn't say we should have found a way to win. It just wasn't going to happen without our #1 D. Kind of like how we would have swept the Kings if they didn't have doughty. At the top of the league, losing a player that important is fatal.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Silly article. Bounce or two away from the Stanley Cup? This team hasn't even made the finals!

Bounce or two away...ha!

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
No mention of the current cap, or how + why the Sharks' roster fits under it.

No thoughts on how long Plattner will continue to underspend.

Two sentences on bottom-6 and "depth" analysis.

3 / 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad