An Anti-Attendance Thread: Info on Gate Receipts

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Holy crap! What do the Preds gain by releasing that?

Wonder if other teams will follow suit and release their internal info.

It's probably information they're required to provide. this info has been out for a couple days anyway.

thankfully discussion of bad attendance and poor ratings is no longer acceptable here, otherwise this would turn into an uncomfortable discussion for fans of this team.

Last edited:

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
Holy crap! What do the Preds gain by releasing that?

Wonder if other teams will follow suit and release their internal info.

Could it have something to do with the Preds public relations/negotiating strategy regarding the paid attendance targets or is it just some innocent, meaningless leak by a naive staffer? :dunno:

GHOST

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
It's probably information they're required to provide.
Not to the public they're not. I've never seen a team release figures like that before, never.

thankfully discussion of bad attendance and poor ratings is no longer acceptable here, otherwise this would turn into an uncomfortable discussion for fans of this team.
Hmm, sounds like bashing a moderator to me.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Not to the public they're not. I've never seen a team release figures like that before, never.

releasing figures to a public entity certainly is, which appears to be the case here.

Hmm, sounds like bashing a moderator to me.

why ? discussion of bad attendance and ratings is no longer acceptable. pointing that out has nothing to due with bashing a moderator. it's a fact.

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
I can't see any reason why the Preds would be required to release this info. So it begs the question: why did they do this? Is something up, or am I just seeing things through my 'biased' perspective again? Just wondering. Comments welcomed. :)

GHOST

Doc Scurlock

Nov 23, 2006

With all this negative press coming from the Tennesean it makes it seem like they really want the Predators to fail.

On a side note I was looking over those numbers and came across this one.

Opponent: Atlanta Thrashers
Game Date: Sep 30, 2006
Gross Sales: $343,763.84
Less Seat User Fee: $10,183.77
Less Tax: $28,252.70
Net Sales: $305,327.37
Paid Tickets: 7,248
Comp. Tickets: 4,841
Total Tickets: 12,089

What the hell happened here? This was the second home game of the season and was on a Saturday night so why so low? A lot of the other numbers are around the 13,000-14,000 range so this one sticks out.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
With all this negative press coming from the Tennesean it makes it seem like they really want the Predators to fail.

On a side note I was looking over those numbers and came across this one.

Gross Sales: $343,763.84
Less Seat User Fee: $10,183.77
Less Tax: $28,252.70
Net Sales: $305,327.37

What the hell happened here? This was the second home game of the season and was on a Saturday night so why so low? A lot of the other numbers are around the 13,000-14,000 range so this one sticks out.

this continual bashing of "southern" markets needs to stop.

:teach:

and that is an exhibition game.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
releasing figures to a public entity certainly is, which appears to be the case here.
What are you talking about? There's NO requirement to release this kind of information to the public. If it were, we'd see these for all teams and would have been seeing them for years. The Preds either did this voluntarily or someone leaked it.

Preds fans have been saying that, I'm beginning to think they may be on to something.

On a side note I was looking over those numbers and came across this one

Stood out to me too, then I remembered that with that date it had to be a preseason game. :)

Oh well, someone beat me to it.

Last edited:

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
What are you talking about? There's NO requirement to release this kind of information to the public. If it were, we'd see these for all teams and would have been seeing them for years. The Preds either did this voluntarily or someone leaked it.

i) Presume the Predators are required to submit their financials to Metro due to their lease. I would expect that to be the case, especially considering what we know.

ii) City of Nashville documents are public property.

iii) A reporter got his hands on them by viewing the now public documents.

That's my take on it. I don't see anything heinous.

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
i) Presume the Predators are required to submit their financials to Metro due to their lease. I would expect that to be the case, especially considering what we know.

ii) City of Nashville documents are public property.

iii) A reporter got his hands on them by viewing the now public documents.

That's my take on it. I don't see anything heinous.

Public deal; figures available to the public. Makes sense. I hadn't though of that, though.

GHOST

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad