Ample NHL experience found in small group of Dallas Stars 2009 picks

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Montreal hosted the 2009 NHL Draft. The draft was highlighted by super-skilled forwards John Tavares and Matt Duchene and massive Swedish defenseman Victor Hedman. All three have been exceptional NHL players. In fact, the first seven players selected have all been impactful NHL players to whatever degree. Unfortunately, first-time GM Joe Nieuwendyk was armed with the eighth pick.

In all, Dallas selected just five players – all natural wingers. Their fourth round pick was paired with Mike Smith, Jussi Jokinen, and Jeff Halpern to acquire Brad Richards and Johan Holmqvist from Tampa Bay. The Stars also shipped off their seventh round pick at 189 to San Jose for a sixth in 2010.… read more

More...

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I hope we see McKenzie in the NHL sooner rather than later.

It would be very redeeming of GMJN if Glennie and McKenzie make it to the NHL.

And if Chiasson gets put where he belongs in the lineup... still don't know where that is.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I was dreading this article, but I enjoyed reading it. The Glennie pick sucks for obvious reasons, and this was when we were realizing Dallas was in deep ****. Lot of dark times started just before this pick until Gaglardi finally showed up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad