Speculation: Amnesty buyout candidates and its implicatons

Roboholic

Sep 21, 2005
This really doesn't apply to the leafs in their cap situation, they're not buying someone out for the sake of buying someone out.

If they got into a situation next year where they needed to buy someone out it would begin and end with Komi.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Is that in the rules? I agree with everything else you said, but I didn't know the bolded part is in the CBA.

Pretty sure Tucker was trying to get a contract in Toronto even while they were paying his buyout but I'm not positive about the rules. I can't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Just can't see it happening

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Pretty sure Tucker was trying to get a contract in Toronto even while they were paying his buyout but I'm not positive about the rules. I can't see why it wouldn't be allowed. Just can't see it happening

Its only for Amnesty buyouts....

To ease the transition to the salary cap, teams were allowed one week to buy out players at two-thirds the cost of their remaining contract, which would not count against the salary cap. Bought out players could not re-sign with the same team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004–05_NHL_lockout

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
OK but I think we need to know do he long term circumvention contracts still count against the cap? ie: if luo retires does it still count, like in the original proposal or has that changed?

Kessely Snipes

Great White North
Oct 16, 2011
Regina, SK
OK but I think we need to know do he long term circumvention contracts still count against the cap? ie: if luo retires does it still count, like in the original proposal or has that changed?

If he retires, his 5 million cap hit goes back to original team who signed him to it, ie Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad