Amerks on MSG

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Watching Rochester and Utica on MSG right now. I am shocked at the sparse crowd in the Flower City! I attended few games back in the 1990s when traveling to the area and the arena was 75% full or better everytime. I dont think there is even a couple thousand in attendance at the War Memorial. Rochester has a strong team it looks like, attendance is shocking.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn't expect Rochester - nor any other AHL team - to draw a big crowd on a snowy Wednesday night in early December.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Wednesday nights aren't good draws, but yeah, attendance has been down this year. I think the actual reported numbers are higher than last year, but those aren't even close to how many people are actually in the building. Lots of things changed when the Pegulas took over the building, and many people aren't happy about the changes. Crowds have been noticeably smaller this year.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Watching Rochester and Utica on MSG right now. I am shocked at the sparse crowd in the Flower City! I attended few games back in the 1990s when traveling to the area and the arena was 75% full or better everytime. I dont think there is even a couple thousand in attendance at the War Memorial. Rochester has a strong team it looks like, attendance is shocking.

So how many people watched Albany play last night?

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
So how many people watched Albany play last night?

Dude they dont even have a team at the moment, been gone for two years I think. I think they are waiting to see what happens in Hartford. Actually they do have a team in reality, Adirondack is part of the greater Albany NY region as Glens Falls is counted as the metropolitan statistic area lol, so pro hockey does live on in that part of upstate NY lol. I do believe they are still a Devils feeder team. Clemenson and Kowalski still live in Albany area.

Last edited:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Dude they dont even have a team at the moment, been gone for two years I think. I think they are waiting to see what happens in Hartford. Actually they do have a team in reality, Adirondack is part of the greater Albany NY region as Glens Falls is counted as the metropolitan statistic area lol, so pro hockey does live on in that part of upstate NY lol. I do believe they are still a Devils feeder team. Clemenson and Kowalski still live in Albany area.

Please change the batteries in your sarcasm detector...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad