Americans with broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Sweet. They mentioned this the other day, but when I checked it out it said that my Cable Co wasn't part of the service plan.

I didn't know about the free preview, thanks for the heads up

SChan*

espn.jpg

Canada shouldn't have played in those yellow jerseys. The americans think they were sweden :joker:

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Hmm, If I get this to work like it currently seems, that would seriously rock...

Being in Holland (think close to zero NHL coverage) a regular service of this kind would be great and I would be prepared to pay for it as long as the fees are modest...

Hard to see any proper solid FAQ about it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed...

wint

Jun 10, 2002
Inside
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing just a quarter of the screen (even though you can move the scrollbars to choose which quarter)? The zoom just changes the size of the quarter of the screen you can view. I'm on a Mac, so if any other mac users have it working correctly, how'd you do it?

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
I tried to watch Finland and sweeden but it says that the content you've selected is available to US residents only. That sucks. i was really looking forward to seeing some games.

Everyone else who can see it. Enjoy the game!!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to find a radio feed somewhere on the internet.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I watched basically 2/3 of the game on ESPN Broadband...very cool. I'm going to be out tonight but hopefully I'll be back in time to catch the end of Canada-Russia. I'm glad they have this free preview...this concept has potential; sort of a pay-per-view thing.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
MY FIRST POST HERE :clap: Thank you, thank you very much!

I'm from hockey-rich Kamloops, B.C., Canada, home of Mark Recchi and multiple-year junior hockey champs the Blazers (under pre-NHL coaches Hitchcock and Renney).

BUT,... I'm presently teaching English in South Korea, on an island off the southeast coast nearest Japan. And the hockey coverage here is squat! :cry: Nearly two years of no hockey, just all the MLB baseball, NBA basketball, European soccer games, golf and tennis games that a sports enthusiast could ever want. ( :p: Thanks for nothing.)

Fortunately, I saw my first hockey game in over a year on the Internet at www.espnbroadband.com The tenacious Finns rocked the house against the puck-wielding Swedes. (Alfie was his usually honorary Finn-like self - in a good way - and Selanne wasn't like his usual honorary Swedish-like self - in a good way by physicality and not in a good way by his lack of shooting accuracy.)

If I can sit on a South Korean island and watch the games, then you can too! Go out and use a computer somewhere that can play Windows Media Player 9.
wint said:
Is anyone else seeing just a quarter of the screen (even though you can move the scrollbars to choose which quarter)? The zoom just changes the size of the quarter of the screen you can view. I'm on a Mac, so if any other mac users have it working correctly, how'd you do it?
I have a PC and just clicked the "full" button on the ESPNbroadband screen to enlarge the screen to full size. The picture quality was poorer but one can see the puck and follow the play. Besides, :) beggars can't be choosers.

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
Bravo ESPN!! It's almost 7pm and I'm killing time by watching SWE/FIN... it's also great to hear the banter between the commenators during the breaks.

If there's a season I'm getting this if the price is right.

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
VanIslander,

How did you get the game to work from South Korea. I'm in New Zealand, and I keep getting a message that it's only available to US residents.

Anyone who could help me, it would be much appreciated.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Slapshot17 said:
VanIslander,

How did you get the game to work from South Korea. I'm in New Zealand, and I keep getting a message that it's only available to US residents.
Ancient history.

I had no problem watching the Finn-Swede game. But :dunno: the Canada-Russia game says "for US residents only".

Good luck.

I'm heading over to chumradio out of Vancouver for a live radio feed. It's better than nothing.

Erik

Jul 28, 2004
Tampa, FL
Westlander said:
I was able to watch the Sweden-Finland game, but it refuses to play the Canada-Russia game! Is it too busy??? WTF!!!!! :mad:

I had to close and re-launch 6 or 7 times, then after that I had to wait 8 or 9 minutes for it to "fetch video". When it starts up do you see the "E" and then the WCoH logo fade in, then it shows the schedule? That is here you need to be before you click Russia vs. Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad