American Prospects/ CHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkoulasOut4theSummer

Jan 2, 2003
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Already posted this on the CHL board but I figured I would get more responses on the Prospects boards. So anyways,

How does each league decide which players go to which league. Jimmy Sharrow and Josh Hennesey are from the states and are in the QMJHL while Dan Fritshe and Dustin Brown were in the OHL.

Does it vary from each state or what as to what leagues they can go to. Players from Maine or the Boston area are property of the Q because they now have the Lewiston MAINEiacs? Or can any team in the CHL pick a player from anywhere in the States with the chance he might not decide to report and play NCAA instead?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Each state has a league that its players have to go to. Basically, western states go to the WHL, those under Ontario go to the OHL, and the eastern to the QMJHL.

Hennessy and Sharrow are from MA, so they go to the Q. Fritsche's from Ohio, and Brown's from NY, so they go to the OHL.

For example, here's where WHL teams can draft from: "The WHL drafts bantam players from the four Western Provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) and the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

I believe the WHL also has rights on the three territories.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
QMJHL holds the exclusive rights to the following US States:

Vermont
Maine
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Connecticut

The Northeast states...i think i am forgetting 1.

OHL has stats like Michigan, Pensylvania, New York etc.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:
QMJHL holds the exclusive rights to the following US States:

Vermont
Maine
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Connecticut

The Northeast states...i think i am forgetting 1.

OHL has stats like Michigan, Pensylvania, New York etc.

Rode Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad