aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
American 1st rounders...I'd say between 8-9 including dual nationals

Locks: Beniers, Hughes, Lucius, Coronato, Sillinger
On Bubble: Samoskevich, Behrens, Duke, Hreshchuk, Pastujov
Long-shot: Broz, Peart, Morrow
Super Long-shot: Boucher, Johnson, Ufko, Blake, Stillman, Spacek
FWIW, Behrens, Samoskevich, Pastujov and Morrow all ranked in first round by THN Draft Preview.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
FWIW, Behrens, Samoskevich, Pastujov and Morrow all ranked in first round by THN Draft Preview.
I have them all in bubble, meaning they could go 20, could go 50. I think Morrow may be getting a little overranked though...seems like 2nd rounder to me. Not sure how or where he could have separated himself from others in that range with only handful of games.

Reactions: Luc Poitras

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I think USAH should worry less about monopolizing its talent with the NTDP and more about improving its depth to a point where guys like Musty can go #1 overall in the OHL draft and the NTDP can still build a strong team. That's another important step for the program where these events aren't incompatible, but instead complimentary.

Who knows about this Musty kid? Couldn't find a thread about him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The homer in me has all 3 Samoskevich, Pastujov and Morrow as first rounders. Pastujov has been criminally underrated by some. I think folks are down on him more so because both his brothers busted than anything he himself has done.

He has been near dominating past 2 seasons..not sure why he isn't a lock for top 31 honestly..

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The homer in me has all 3 Samoskevich, Pastujov and Morrow as first rounders. Pastujov has been criminally underrated by some. I think folks are down on him more so because both his brothers busted than anything he himself has done.

He has been near dominating past 2 seasons..not sure why he isn't a lock for top 31 honestly..

After the season Robertson had, it should help Pastujov’s draft stock. They are similar players. It doesn’t mean that Pastujov will have the same success, but guys whose skating is a little weaker can still be impact players.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
That would be incredible and the best draft for us ever. Maybe a bit optimistic that everyone pans out to a first round pick, but hopefully. If we can get around 10 again like in 2019 and 2016 it'll be fantastic.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
14 sounds like a lot, but it's definitely a very good draft for the Americans.

From that first round, Devine and Lucius are not close to first rounders, in my opinion. I've seen some people who like Lucius game more than I do, so I could be off on that one. I think the Devine hype is still because he was very hyped at an early age, and it's taking longer for 2022 rankings to catch up due to COVID. I don't suspect he'll be a first rounder on any lists come the 2022 draft. All those others listed in that first round will likely either be first or second rounders. I think a few players not listed there who I think are potential first rounders include Maddox Fleming, Tyler Duke, Tyler Dunbar, Quinn Finley, and Jake Livinavage.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
40 players from the Select 17 Player Development Camp left for Hlinka consideration. They form two teams who'll play each other 3 times before Hlinka roster is named.

"Names" not in consideration anymore:
  • Forwards: Gavin Brindley, Max Namestnikov, Zach Filak
  • Defense: Spencer Sova (didn't attend camp so probably going with Team Canada after not making the NTDP)
Hunter Brzustewicz is the lone NTDP player in contention after missing basically all of his U17 with injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brzustewicz is on the roster. Did he leave the NTDP or was he included to get him an extra tournament due to missing most of last season?

Luc Poitras

Feb 21, 2019
I have them all in bubble, meaning they could go 20, could go 50. I think Morrow may be getting a little overranked though...seems like 2nd rounder to me. Not sure how or where he could have separated himself from others in that range with only handful of games.

Completely agree.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Does anyone have any reviews about Cole Eiserman and Macklin Celebrini? They obliterated the U14 league! Comparable? Potential?

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Does anyone have any reviews about Cole Eiserman and Macklin Celebrini? They obliterated the U14 league! Comparable? Potential?
Both are excellent prospects for their age and definitely two you should track. Celebrini is a Canadian, BTW. Eiserman is a big winger with speed who can score in a multitude of ways. He has drive, great anticipation and good hockey sense. Celebrini is a cerebral two-way centre with good offensive upside because he has excellent hockey sense. He's only 14 -- so take this with a grain of salt -- but I got some Toews vibes from him. There was a little write up about him in the 2021 THN Draft Preview, too, as one to watch for 2024.

Reactions: JotAlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->