American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
So not only will the Hughes’ youngest brother be a candidate next year...there’s another highly regarded JACK HUGHES that plays forward?

This is gonna get confusing!

:laugh:

Jez

Jun 6, 2017
New York
Sheesh. So I guess Antonio isn't planning on playing much international hockey in the next few years. Somehow it's always London...

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
A contract can be written that doesn't require you to have played for the program for it to be enforceable. The NTDP can choose to release a player from a contract, which does happen.

Yes, I realize this - but the post I was responding to referred to having to pay a buyout fee. Does NTDP have a contract where once you have signed it they say you have to pay to get out of it irrespective of the circumstances?

What is the buyout?

The notion that he signed a "contract" (as a minor) with NTDP and then decided a couple of weeks later to go to the OHL and there is an enforceable 'buyout' provision seems off to me (unless there is an agreement b/w the OHL and NTDP that covers the situation).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Curious questions...

Sahil Panwar seems like he's a legit prospect and was just drafted in the OHL draft by the Knights in the 2nd round. Eliteprospect has him from Canada, but he was born Cerritos, California and has never once played in Canada by my recollection. Mix up by EP or does he have Canadian citizenship?

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
Curious questions...

Sahil Panwar seems like he's a legit prospect and was just drafted in the OHL draft by the Knights in the 2nd round. Eliteprospect has him from Canada, but he was born Cerritos, California and has never once played in Canada by my recollection. Mix up by EP or does he have Canadian citizenship?
Canadian citizen. Wasn't eligible to play for the NTDP.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
2TKACHUK, BRADY Left WingBOSTON UNIVERSITYH-EAST
6HUGHES, QUINTIN DefensemanMICHIGANBIG10
7WAHLSTROM, OLIVER Right WingUSA U-18NTDP
12FARABEE, JOEL Left WingUSA U-18NTDP
17WILDE, BODE DefensemanUSA U-18NTDP
21SAMUELSSON, MATTIAS DefensemanUSA U-18NTDP
23MILLER, K'ANDRE DefensemanUSA U-18NTDP
24MCLAUGHLIN, BLAKE Left WingCHICAGOUSHL
26JENKINS, BLADE Left WingSAGINAWOHL
27DRURY, JACK CenterWATERLOOUSHL
32O'BRIEN, JAY CenterTHAYER ACADEMYHIGH-MA
38WISE, JAKE CenterUSA U-18NTDP
39MADDEN, TYLER CenterTRI-CITYUSHL
40DEMIN, STANISLAV DefensemanWENATCHEEBCHL
42EMBERSON, TY DefensemanUSA U-18NTDP
44HARRIS, JORDAN DefensemanKIMBALL UNIONHIGH-NH
46GRUDEN, JONATHAN CenterUSA U-18NTDP
47GILES, PATRICK Right WingUSA U-18NTDP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Above are the Americans ranked in the top 50 North American Skaters:

2018 Draft Prospect Rankings | NHL Draft Prospect Rankings

Reactions: AmericanDream

razor ray

May 8, 2011
If my count is correct with the top 50 North American Skaters:

24 Canadians
18 Americans
8 International

Reactions: Jez

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York

Interesting if true that Schingoethe would choose Waterloo over an NTDP offer. This years team selection is not without intrigue for sure.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
In its first trip to the USHL playoffs since the 2011-12 season, the NTDP won its first game of the USHL playoffs 3-0 over the Chicago Steel. John Beecher (1g,1a), Drew Helleson (1g,1a), and Cameron Rowe (34 saves) led the way.

Pretty impressive what the U17 squad has continued to do despite missing 5 of its best players, including its superstar (Hughes) and #1 goalie (Knight).

The squad is really, really deep, and guys like Rolston and Beecher have stepped up and delivered with the increased opportunity.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I dont like what i see from projected first rounders(Wilde, Miller and M.Samuelsson). Poor decisions with the puck shift after shift. Actually Adam Samuelsson has been my favourite defender. I love his physicality. Ty Emberson is another guy who has been good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I dont like what i see from projected first rounders(Wilde, Miller and M.Samuelsson). Poor decisions with the puck shift after shift. Actually Adam Samuelsson has been my favourite defender. I love his physicality. Ty Emberson is another guy who has been good.

What?

How can you like what you've seen from Adam Samuelsson but not Mattias Samuelsson?

Adam was practically teeing up shots for Canada and watching them fly by him. He's been awful in this tournament, like usual. I guess today he wasn't as bad, but he is the worst defensemen on the team, and there's a reason why he routinely gets rotated out of the top 6. As bad as Wilde and Miller have been, he's worse than them. Also worse than Stastney and York.

Mattias Samuelsson and Ty Emberson have been by far the two most solid and reliable defensemen in this tournament and this season. The penalties today on M. Samuelsson were typical of IIHF competitions, especially the second one where he got two minutes for a hard hit.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
What?

How can you like what you've seen from Adam Samuelsson but not Mattias Samuelsson?

Adam was practically teeing up shots for Canada and watching them fly by him. He's been awful in this tournament, like usual. I guess today he wasn't as bad, but he is the worst defensemen on the team, and there's a reason why he routinely gets rotated out of the top 6. As bad as Wilde and Miller have been, he's worse than them. Also worse than Stastney and York.

Mattias Samuelsson and Ty Emberson have been by far the two most solid and reliable defensemen in this tournament and this season. The penalties today on M. Samuelsson were typical of IIHF competitions, especially the second one where he got two minutes for a hard hit.

Expectations. I dont say Adam has been our best D but i think he was pretty solid yesterday. I just think M.Samuelsson could play much better. I think M.Samuelsson, Wilde and Miller should be much better. A.Samuelssson, Emberson, Stastney and York has been what i expect them to be.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Mattias Samuelsson and K'Andre Miller finally lead our D today. Maybe i expect too much from them but today i really liked how they played.

People can say what they want but i really like Adam Samuelsson.

I also think Cam York can dominate this tournament next year.

We all know how huge talent Jack Hughes is, but he tries to be too ''cute'' sometimes.

Joel Farabee is big game man. He always delivers in big games.

I expected more from Oliver Wahlstrom but still he has six goals already in this tournament.

Bode Wilde is lost. I can't understad why he is so bad right now.

Spencer Knight was rock solid today.

Johnny Gruden is great guy for any team. He can play everywhere.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I almost puked when I saw Adam Samuelsson on our power play with like 5 minutes left in the game lol!!

I will admit he has been a pleasant surprise the past few games, hasn't looked bad at all and has been rewarded with more minutes. Someone will reach a bit with him and take him higher than he should go because he is a monster on skates, but overall he has been one of the least names i have had a problem with this tournament. But my expectations for him were almost zilch, so him tying his skates without falling over would have been a plus for me lol!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad