American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
You may be right.

Dylan Robinson CAN F (Profile picture is wrong)
Dylan Robinson US/CAN Dual D (I think it is this guy who is in that picture)

I mentioned this in the OHL draft thread. Elite Prospects may have them mixed up.
I think the forward is the dual citizen who played for the Jr. Canadiens.
The d-man is Canadian and played for Brantford.
I think. Lol

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I mentioned this in the OHL draft thread. Elite Prospects may have them mixed up.
I think the forward is the dual citizen who played for the Jr. Canadiens.
The d-man is Canadian and played for Brantford.
I think. Lol

Yeah i think you are right. Robinson who is in the NTDP camp is forward.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
NTDP Evaluation Camp: Day #1 Notes - Neutral Zone - Men's Hockey

An unlocked article with details on Day 1 performances
very good read, starting to get more familiar with some of these names...I hope this group keeps up with the trends of the past few years we have been seeing - elite high end talent but still having depth in all rounds of the draft...Stranges just keeps looking like the best kid we have for this age group - I hope he holds up and keeps it going!

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Camp wrapped, and the final team should be announced pretty soon. So far Beniers and Commesso from MA and Powell and Tuch from NY are the only confirmed. Apparently Minn-Duluth and Notre Dame have the most commits making the team, so I'm sure that could help point out a few more names.

I was hoping Chabrier would make it but seems he didn't.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Camp wrapped, and the final team should be announced pretty soon. So far Beniers and Commesso from MA and Powell and Tuch from NY are the only confirmed. Apparently Minn-Duluth and Notre Dame have the most commits making the team, so I'm sure that could help point out a few more names.

I'm assuming that means Brock Faber made it, first bantam ever I believe.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

If true, that would be the following players:

Minnesota-Duluth

F - Blake Biondi
F - Jack Smith
D - Owen Gallatin
D - Connor Kelley

Notre Dame

F - Wyatt Schingoethe
F - Landon Slaggert
F - Hunter Strand
D - Brock Faber

5 of those players are from Minnesota though, so not necessarily all locks to accept.

Matthew Beniers seems to be an interesting prospect. Sounds like he had a great camp and is getting a lot of hype. Also a late birthday. Interested to see if he comes in a bit unheralded like fellow New Englander Matthew Boldy did last year only to end up one of the best players on the team.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Gonna throw out some guesses, even though I have no clue, bored until the list comes out.

F:
- Antonio Stranges
- Ty Smilanic
- Dylan Peterson
- Luke Tuch
- Thomas Bordeleau
- Jackson Kunz
- Landon Slaggert
- Wyatt Schiengoethe
- Matthew Beniers
- Blake Biondi

thats 10, the other 3 spots is a toss up idk

D:
- Eamon Powell
- Tyler Kleven
- Jacob Truscott
- Brock Faber

I'm less familiar with the D-men

G:
Commesso

He is the only goalie I've heard about before camp

I think thats a really good forward group again, and the team overall. They may not live up to the impossibly high bar of the 01s, but I think they could have more talent than the 00s and 99s

Jez

Jun 6, 2017
New York
I think thats a really good forward group again, and the team overall. They may not live up to the impossibly high bar of the 01s, but I think they could have more talent than the 00s and 99s

At the end of the day the 99s will likely end up producing 2 top 10 draft picks (Hughes, Tkachuk) and another first round pick (Norris). The 00s have 3 sure first round picks (Wahlstrom, Farabee, Wilde) and could end up with 6 (Samuelsson, Wise, Miller). If the 02s end up with 2 or 3 top 10 talents I will be pretty stocked.

BigGreenAlum

May 4, 2007
If true, that would be the following players:

Minnesota-Duluth

F - Blake Biondi
F - Jack Smith
D - Owen Gallatin
D - Connor Kelley

Notre Dame

F - Wyatt Schingoethe
F - Landon Slaggert
F - Hunter Strand
D - Brock Faber

5 of those players are from Minnesota though, so not necessarily all locks to accept.

Matthew Beniers seems to be an interesting prospect. Sounds like he had a great camp and is getting a lot of hype. Also a late birthday. Interested to see if he comes in a bit unheralded like fellow New Englander Matthew Boldy did last year only to end up one of the best players on the team.

A good friend's kid played with Matthew Boldy on a local U14 team that lost to Shattuck at the U14 Nationals a few years ago. He was a bit undersized at the time and not flashy but you could tell he had very good hockey IQ and played a very dependable 200 foot game at center, always being in the right position with some very good offensive and defensive smarts. It struck me that Bergeron would have played a similar game at the bantam level. Have not seen him live over the last few years other than a few NTDP clips but he has grown considerably and is/was playing wing this year but I am glad he is progressing nicely and getting on the map at the national and international level. The kid just plays the right way and I presume could play any of the 3 F positions at higher levels.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bonney always a step ahead!

I hope I am not looking too much in Smilanic not being listed so far/leaked so far...Bordeleau and Robinson are dual kids- I think both likely make this team. Robinson looked good from reports too.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Combined List from Jeff Cox/Priority Selection:

I believe this to be close to the total list of players that have been offered based on Cox/other sources on twitter - definitely NOT OFFICIAL by any means - just combining lists of what people put out there:

F - Matt Beniers
F - Blake Biondi
F - Luke Tuch
F - Landon Slaggert
F - Antonio Stranges
F - Jack Smith
F - Tanner Latsch
F - Thomas Bordeleau
F - Dylan Peterson
F - Ty Smilanic
F - Hunter McKown
D - Tyler Kleven
D - Eamonn Powell
D - Brock Faber
D - Owen Gellatin
D - Daniel Laatsch
D - Jacob Truscott
D - Jake Sanderson
D - Connor Kelley
G - Drew Commesso
G - ????

According to Jeff Cox (who has had a ton of this info) USA Hockey NTDP only offered one goalie, BU commit Drew Commesso, out of camp.

Last edited:

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Bonney always a step ahead!

I hope I am not looking too much in Smilanic not being listed so far/leaked so far...Bordeleau and Robinson are dual kids- I think both likely make this team. Robinson looked good from reports too.
Yeah me too, Smilanic has consistently been one of the elite forwards for this group, I hope he's on there.

And also, all these Minnesota kids names coming out, are these confirmations that they've accepted the invite, or just that they are invited? Cause I know a lot of MN kids choose not to go.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Saw Kirwan play at the marlies christmas tournament in his major bantam year, and am completely gobsmacked by his seeming falling out of favor. Hopefully it's just a down year and not a plateau. I thought he was a game breaking talent, second only to Byfield.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Not surprised Robinson rose to the occasion; he's a big game player. I've found he lacks intensity in regular season games, though.

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
The entire program from the camp last year to the shortlist of players for this camp to the actual Program is first rate. Extremely well organized and executed. Providing these kids with an opportunity of a lifetime. My hat is off to all the people within the USA Hockey NTDP! Awesome!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Combined List from Jeff Cox/Priority Selection:

I believe this to be close to the total list of players that have been offered based on Cox/other sources on twitter - definitely NOT OFFICIAL by any means - just combining lists of what people put out there:

F - Matt Beniers
F - Blake Biondi
F - Luke Tuch
F - Landon Slaggert
F - Antonio Stranges
F - Jack Smith
F - Tanner Latsch
F - Thomas Bordeleau
F - Dylan Peterson
F - Ty Smilanic
F - Hunter McKown
D - Tyler Kleven
D - Eamonn Powell
D - Brock Faber
D - Owen Gellatin
D - Daniel Laatsch
D - Jacob Truscott
D - Jake Sanderson
D - Connor Kelley
G - Drew Commesso
G - ????

According to Jeff Cox (who has had a ton of this info) USA Hockey NTDP only offered one goalie, BU commit Drew Commesso, out of camp.
well I feel better that Smilanic is there now....looks like most of the top players are there, a bit surprised no Robinson and Kunz didn't make it as they had real strong performances from reports..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Any news about Bordeleau. Is he really onboard?
he is on board....multiple reports have him there...I am surprised they didn't pick fellow dual Robinson to lock him up, as he had a strong camp...but obviously USA Hockey felt they have enough talent in the top 9 and filled in the rest..unless he is the last name at forward not being listed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->