American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Definitely add defensemen Michael Bevilacqua to the '03's. Absolutely elite in every aspect and the most dominant player on the Jr.Sabres and in every game i've seen him.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Swayman's first game back and he beat USA teammates Oettinger, Harper, and Tkachuk. Maine beat BU and he had stopped all 31 shots. Should have played the better goalie with the better stats for Team USA.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm going to the BU ASU game, besides Tkachuk and the drafted players are there any other players to watch for? Thanks.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
NTDP Camp for the 2002 birth year should be announced really soon.

Anyone hearing anything? Who are your top "must-gets" for the program?

It seems like Antonio Stranges, Dylan Peterson, and Ty Smilanic are the top three forward targets.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012

It seems like Antonio Stranges, Dylan Peterson, and Ty Smilanic are the top three forward targets.
Blake Biondi should get some looks

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

honestly, this has been one of the least talked about birth years I can remember. Don't know much about them as few have stood out.

the big 3 are there as you listed, hopeful they get all 3 as they are the best in the country right now...by far.

Alex Tuch's brother Luke Tuch is a no brainer.
Nick DeSantis out of Selects Hockey Academy I have heard nice buzz on...
Tanner Latsch out of Honeybaked seems like a lock as well..

losing Nicholas Robertson to the OHL hurt this group a bit as that kid is awesome...tiny but awesome.

outside of those names, need to hear more names as info isn't coming like years past.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
honestly, this has been one of the least talked about birth years I can remember. Don't know much about them as few have stood out.

the big 3 are there as you listed, hopeful they get all 3 as they are the best in the country right now...by far.

Alex Tuch's brother Luke Tuch is a no brainer.
Nick DeSantis out of Selects Hockey Academy I have heard nice buzz on...
Tanner Latsch out of Honeybaked seems like a lock as well..

losing Nicholas Robertson to the OHL hurt this group a bit as that kid is awesome...tiny but awesome.

outside of those names, need to hear more names as info isn't coming like years past.

It could all be for not, but there seems to be a lot of forward talent available. Who knows how much will end up as high-end talent, but the depth at least seems to be there. I've heard very little about the defensemen though, and outside of Commesso, I've heard nothing about the goalies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It could all be for not, but there seems to be a lot of forward talent available. Who knows how much will end up as high-end talent, but the depth at least seems to be there. I've heard very little about the defensemen though, and outside of Commesso, I've heard nothing about the goalies.

maybe one of our good Minnesota posters can chime in on the 02' talent coming??...haven't heard much about anyone coming from there compared to 01' which looks to be a great birth year for Minnesota talent..

any other prep players we need to be hearing about right now??

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
maybe one of our good Minnesota posters can chime in on the 02' talent coming??...haven't heard much about anyone coming from there compared to 01' which looks to be a great birth year for Minnesota talent..

any other prep players we need to be hearing about right now??
Blake Biondi
Ryan Mulrenin
Mitch Kohner
Tristan Broz
Conner Kelley
Owen Gallatin
Brock Faber
Joe Miller
Nick Williams
Kyle Kukkonen
Hobie Hedquist G
Chaz Lucius is a 2003 with hype for next year

Reactions: AmericanDream

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Five New Englanders Invited to USA Hockey NTDP Evaluation Camp

Eight Locals Make USA Hockey NTDP Evaluation Camp Roster

Some of the first names coming out, these guys are all from the Northeast region, the full roster should be out in a few days

F: Jason Siedem (NJ)
F: Dylan Peterson (ON)
F: Luke Tuch (NY)
F: Ryan Kirwan (NY)
F: Matt Beniers (MA)
F: Mackie Samoskevich (CT)
F: Brett Berard (RI)
F: Alex Gaffney (NJ)

D: Brandon Chabrier (NY)
D: Eamon Powell (NY)
D: Spencer Evans (NY)
D: Scott Morrow (CT)

G: Drew Commesso (MA)
G: Grant Riley (NY)

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Five New Englanders Invited to USA Hockey NTDP Evaluation Camp

Eight Locals Make USA Hockey NTDP Evaluation Camp Roster

Some of the first names coming out, these guys are all from the Northeast region, the full roster should be out in a few days

F: Jason Siedem (NJ)
F: Dylan Peterson (ON)
F: Luke Tuch (NY)
F: Ryan Kirwan (NY)
F: Matt Beniers (MA)
F: Mackie Samoskevich (CT)
F: Brett Berard (RI)
F: Alex Gaffney (NJ)

D: Brandon Chabrier (NY)
D: Eamon Powell (NY)
D: Spencer Evans (NY)
D: Scott Morrow (CT)

G: Drew Commesso (MA)
G: Grant Riley (NY)

for a second there, I thought we had Bryan Berard's kid playing!! no relation apparently, but Berard has always been one of my all-time favorites coming up the ranks for this country in tier-1

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Have heard good things about Powell's game. I've seen a couple SSM games and liked Morrow's steady play, could see him right in the mix as a third pairing type guy. Hoping to get a look at Spencer Evans this weekend at the OHL Cup.

Have to think Truscott is as close to a lock as it gets. Great skater who's a very good playmaker at the offensive blue line. Not especially dynamic, but I haven't seen any American defenders in this age group yet who are.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Pretty straight forward, no really surprising snubs. Some names that I've heard being possible over the last year like Gerard Keane, Stephen Halliday, and Chase Bradley didn't make it but all of the big names are there. Seems like another good year with a ton of talent for the NTDP with the big name forwards especially.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Pretty straight forward, no really surprising snubs. Some names that I've heard being possible over the last year like Gerard Keane, Stephen Halliday, and Chase Bradley didn't make it but all of the big names are there. Seems like another good year with a ton of talent for the NTDP with the big name forwards especially.
I must be getting old as I can honestly say outside of maybe 10-15 names I dont know much of these kids... a lot of homework to do I guess!! just not enough time anymore lol

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
So the deal with Halliday is that he's likely Canadian. Played most of his minor hockey in Oakville before moving to Maryland. I've seen him play roughly a dozen times. If he were eligible, he'd be a lock.

Reactions: JiggsNY

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Duel Dylan Robinson also not invited. I'm guessing he's also choosing the OHL route, as he's a top 30-35 OHL prospect. I'd be surprised if he weren't good enough for a camp invite.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Caught both Evans and Jimenez today. Both part of a put together team for the OHL Cup, so it's tricky to evaluate. Jimenez definitely stood out in the setting and pretty much controlled the ice from the back end. VERY impressive puck handler. Probably wasn't the right setting to evaluate Evans, as his style would stand out more in the structure of a team, but he was also impressive. Big, mobile, 2 way guy. Truscott, Evans and Jimenez are the most impressive 02 American born D that i've seen.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
So the deal with Halliday is that he's likely Canadian. Played most of his minor hockey in Oakville before moving to Maryland. I've seen him play roughly a dozen times. If he were eligible, he'd be a lock.
Oh ok didn't know that. Can never trust birthplaces/ nationalities for draft years so far out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad