American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Does anyone have info on Jack O'Brien from the Little Caesers program? 03 that signed with Portland and according to this interview was an NTDP potential player

Portland Winterhawks: Introducing Jack O'Brien and James Stefan - DUBNETWORK
Can anyone explain what a protected list is in the WHL, i'm not familiar. I'm surprised they dont have to go through a draft, I wasn't aware teams could do that, and also surprised that Stefan can play for Portland because i don't believe he is from the WHL's region.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Can anyone explain what a protected list is in the WHL, i'm not familiar. I'm surprised they dont have to go through a draft, I wasn't aware teams could do that, and also surprised that Stefan can play for Portland because i don't believe he is from the WHL's region.
It's the equivalent of free agency from what I can tell, where undrafted players are allowed to become property of WHL teams. Listing players happens all the time as the draft is a crapshoot with all the territory to cover and drafting a year younger than the other CHL leagues. Jack went undrafted in the 2018 bantam draft, and James apparently had to turn in paperwork, which I would guess was proof of residency in WHL territory to be eligible to play there and not the OHL.

Reactions: JiggsNY

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the WHL drafts an entire year earlier than the rest of the CHL...I never liked how they did this but a lot of this then happens as players who either didn't get drafted or weren't able to play yet due to residency issues...seems like the case with both kids.

Reactions: JiggsNY

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Ah that’s right. Thanks guys. I always forget about the WHLs drafting age. Still surprised Stefan was able to muster regional eligibility given where his dad played and where he plays now, but who knows maybe he did live somewhere else. He’s got some good stats for LC didn’t know much about him.

Reactions: canucklax

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I don't see a way someone doesn't take a shot on Bryce Brodzinski in a later round this summer.

Luc Poitras

Feb 21, 2019
Watched Florida Alliance and Mid Fairfield 04 this weekend. Gavin Brindley (F, Florida) and Charlie Leddy (D, Connecticut) were dynamic and fun to watch. Brindley is smart and has another gear. Charlie is great in both ends, very fluid for a big guy and boy is he mean. I believe Charlie may be dual as his mother is from New Brunswick. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both at NTDP camp for 2020.

Reactions: Dux917

SamBurt

Feb 20, 2019
Nothing to do with the improvement, only a normal birth year. I don't anticipate that it's a detriment should the improvement when you play against mind blowing test in the USHL, play in 3 International competitions dependably and against progressively arranged and more grounded division 1 school social events like BU that has different children from the World Junior assembling on it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nothing to do with the improvement, only a normal birth year. I don't anticipate that it's a detriment should the improvement when you play against mind blowing test in the USHL, play in 3 International competitions dependably and against progressively arranged and more grounded division 1 school social events like BU that has different children from the World Junior assembling on it.
you okay??

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Watched Florida Alliance and Mid Fairfield 04 this weekend. Gavin Brindley (F, Florida) and Charlie Leddy (D, Connecticut) were dynamic and fun to watch. Brindley is smart and has another gear. Charlie is great in both ends, very fluid for a big guy and boy is he mean. I believe Charlie may be dual as his mother is from New Brunswick. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both at NTDP camp for 2020.

Believe Leddy was one of the first '04's to commit to college a while back - Boston College

Reactions: Luc Poitras

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Might be getting a possible NTDP Evaluation Camp roster this week. Past couple years im pretty sure it's been released this week of March. Maybe at the end of this week. Excited to see who will be getting the invite.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Might be getting a possible NTDP Evaluation Camp roster this week. Past couple years im pretty sure it's been released this week of March. Maybe at the end of this week. Excited to see who will be getting the invite.

You are right - invite list usually gets released this week (possibly this Wednesday). Will be interesting to see who is on the list - lots of good '03s out there, dual-citizens, etc

Last edited:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone started to look at '03s for the next U17 NTDP team? Here are the guys I'd keep an eye on in the MN high school ranks:

Justin Janicke
Trey Fechko
Luke Mittelstadt
Adam Marshall
Jack Peart
Henry Nelson
Chase Beacom
Griffin Ludtke
Carter Batchelder
Joe Palodichuk

Rumor has it Janicke, Mittelstadt, Peart, Nelson, and Batchelder got invites, as well as Jackson Borst from Edina, which I did not predict.

Chaz Lucius, Jake Martin, and Bennett Schimek from Gentry as well.

Reactions: clevelandcane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad