American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Maybe NTDP can still add Robinson and Halliday because they only have 11 forwards.
Would certainly add a ton of excitement that was lost with Stranges decommit. I just wonder how Central Illinois would get compensated losing their top pick, or if its even allowed.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Would certainly add a ton of excitement that was lost with Stranges decommit. I just wonder how Central Illinois would get compensated losing their top pick, or if its even allowed.

I am sure its allowed - its the NTDP and should override any USHL team I would think. The NTDP just used another USHL player for the playoffs since they were shorthanded. Although they play in the USHL the NTDP has a different rule set and rightfully so in my opinion.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean it makes sense that Halliday is headed to the NCAA based on him being a near unanimous top 10 quality OHL prospect and yet falling to the third round and then getting picked first overall in the USHL draft. I’d assume his camp was sending strong indicators this whole time. Not sure Niagara is the same sort of draw as London, seems like they were just taking a flyer on a big talent?

I think the only question remaining is if he’s able to represent the USNT but reports of him being involved in Canadian youth trials and again, him being selected #1 overall seems to point strongly to him not being involved.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
I mean it makes sense that Halliday is headed to the NCAA based on him being a near unanimous top 10 quality OHL prospect and yet falling to the third round and then getting picked first overall in the USHL draft. I’d assume his camp was sending strong indicators this whole time. Not sure Niagara is the same sort of draw as London, seems like they were just taking a flyer on a big talent?

I think the only question remaining is if he’s able to represent the USNT but reports of him being involved in Canadian youth trials and again, him being selected #1 overall seems to point strongly to him not being involved.

Halliday will be at this weekend's try-out camp for the USHL's Central Illinois Flying Aces.

Aces to host tryout camp on home ice

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Just got my first viewing of Maddox Flemming(04) and wow. Nick Pierre was on the same team, but I thought Flemming was the stand out. 2004 birth year is tracking to be a doozy for north american born talent. Seen a lot of high end guys.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Americans making The Hockey News top 15 for 2018:

3. Brady Tachuk
6 Quinn Hughes
8. Oliver Wahlstrom
13. Joel Farabee
15. Bode Wilde

Americans making The Hockey News top 10 for 2019:

1. Jack Hughes
7. Cam York
9. Alex Turcotte
10. Cole Caufield

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Americans making The Hockey News top 15 for 2018:

3. Brady Tachuk
6 Quinn Hughes
8. Oliver Wahlstrom
13. Joel Farabee
15. Bode Wilde

Americans making The Hockey News top 10 for 2019:

1. Jack Hughes
7. Cam York
9. Alex Turcotte
10. Cole Caufield

Just a side note their “favorite/top pick” for 2020 is Tyler Kleven from Fargo, ND.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Well, the mystery's solved. Halliday was invited to the U17 team Canada camp, so he's a dual.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Both younger Mittelstadts committed to Minnesota.

The youngest (03) was ranked one of the top three WHL eligible Americans along with Lucius (also committed to the U) and Hreschuk.

Jez

Jun 6, 2017
New York
Select 17 Development Camp starts Wednesday - AKA the Hlinka selection camp

Boys Select 17

A couple of top players on the list and some other genuine NHL draft prospects too.

Names that pop-up to me:

Arthur Kaliyev
Dustin Wolf
Nicholas Robertson
Robert Mastrosimone
Luke Toporowski
Grant Silianoff

Anyone else that I should be aware of?

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Mitchell Miller on the backend. Late '01 who switched from forward to Defense 2 years ago. Recently committed to North Dakota

His partner for parts of the camp, John Prokop, has looked pretty good too. Have liked another dman Hunter Skinner as well. Up front, John Farinacci another name to keep an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->