American Horror Story Season 9: 1984

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
FX has released a few promos about the upcoming season of American Horror Story. Season 9: 1984 revolves around a stalker terrorizing teens at a summer camp. Here are the first 3 promos from FX:

I'm not sure what their roles are but past AHS stars such as Emma Roberts, Billie Lourde, Leslie Grossman and Cody Fern are all part of Season 9

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I think Peters played 4 different characters last season. Maybe they'll give him even more this time.
Last season was a nice rebound after the terrible cult one the year before, mostly because they could draw on the previous years stories in a meaningful way. I'm not optimistic about this one.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
this has turned into a guilty pleasure show for me. I’ve learned to just watch for actors rather than the actual story because it usually ends up really rushed or confusing.

last season was Evan Peters for me, and this season will be for him again. He is fantastic.

if there’s a good storyline that doesn’t get unnecessarily messy with three episodes left in the season causing a mad scramble to tie up loose ends by the finale, then that’s just an added bonus at this point.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yea Peters took off this season.

Cult was good, last year was a mess. This year looks very basic and could be very good so i'll give it a shot as I always do. But at this point I never have my hopes up.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Did anyone watch episode one?

I'm not sure where they're going yet, but I'm pretty sure I already see connections to other seasons. The guy on the road I think is a ghost, Richard Ramirez was also on Hotel and I'm pretty sure someone is a witch and a warlock. As well as the same actor who played the Antichrist last season, could very well still be the Antichrist.

When it comes to this show, nothing is as it seems, and they have you examining every scene since the end of Cult when they confirmed the Ally was a witch. I still love it though.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I notice none of the "regulars" are in it this season.
Evan Peters isn't in this season and Sarah Paulson is limited because she is filming the series Ratched about the nurse from One flew over the Cuckoo's nest. It's also produced by Ryan Murphy for Netflix. I haven't looked into the other characters, probably because I'm happy with Emma Roberts.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Went off the rails in the middle, but the most recent couple episodes have been entertaining. One more to go.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I've strangely enjoyed this season, The last few years the show has taken itself seriously and wanted twists and turns and oh my god moments of shock. This years is more straight forward, and making fun of not only the 80's but the slasher films that we grew up with let alone combining it and making fun of slasher 80's films has been great.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
As usual the whole plot falls apart at the end. It's like they can only write 2/3's of a season every time.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I might enjoy this season if it's more goofy with that 80's vibe like Stranger Things

Glee was a guilty pleasure show of mine and his OJ/Versace crime dramas were great.
I've watched a few seasons for this halloween season and felt underwhelmed. It seems it's just like Glee where it has so much promise but it gets derailed by too many storylines and some ugly dialog and poor execution.

Hotel 3/10; too much crap going on, lady gaga couldn't act at this point in her career...it gets very cringe. Especially Kathy Bates and her storyline. Sarah Paulson killed it though.
Roanoke 6/10; I adored the first half, then it tapered off. Could have been shortened and executed better. I enjoyed how meta it was, which apparently a lot did not.
Apocalypse 1/10; I had to speed watch through this, it started off good enough, then I dont know wtf happend, it was horrible in every way.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
These threads sure have become quiet lately.

This season had its moments but was enjoyable overall. The ending was nice. "So predictable", as many will gripe, but I'll say it now: who cares!?

The ending did feel a bit rushed after stretching so many other things out, but that's par for the course too.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Honestly, this show has never been "great" IMO, but this season was one of their better efforts. Murder House (1), Asylum (2), Roanoke (6) and 1984 (9) are my personal favorites and I think they held the story together in the 2nd half of the season better than usual.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad