TV: American Horror Story - Season 8 - Apocalypse - (Jessica Lange Returns)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to an episode of this show ever like I am tonight and the return to Murder House.

Also really enjoyed last weeks episode after being kind of iffy on the one two weeks ago.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Words cannot describe how amazing that episode was.

They filled so many little holes in the story going back to Murder House and the ones in the current season. I can’t wait to see Michael literally raise hell moving forward.

Also crazy to see the evil literally leaving Tate Langdon and all going to Michael.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Really good episode in what has been a really good season so far. Just some thoughts.

Loved the comedy and the facial expressions in the real estate office. The chemistry between Emma Roberts and Billy Porter was off the charts through the whole episode.

It was nice to see them close the stories on most of the characters from season one. Moira reconciling with her mother and them crossing over was a sweet moment. Even giving Constance an end point where she would spend eternity with her children, though I want a story on the eyeless girl.

Even Tate and Violet in the end being together and Tate being not evil in the end was good. It was also good to see Connie Britton back. Also I was amazed that Mena Survari back in a fairly gruesome scene.

Everything from murder house was wrapped up and the symbolism of the gates closing probably never to be opened again was cool.

The Michael back story was long due even though it was fairly obvious that he's the ultimate evil. I could help but think that this story was too closely mirroring the original (and good) Omen, right down to the point of Kathy Bates screaming "Michael we're doing it for you" or something like that. It just felt slightly too familiar right down to Michael denying his evil nature at first before the scales came off of his eyes.

By the way the power to destroy people body and soul is undeniably powerful and I think some people are going to suffer a double death along the way.

Full credit to Cody Fern who in this episode played his role with innocent menace. Also to Jessica Lange who was outstanding in her death scene.

The sacrifice scene and the Elizabeth Short modification scene were both ugly and horrifying, that's why the scene with the shadow of Satan behind Michael was so cheesy and made me actually yell out "Come on man that looks awful".

Kathy Bates is amazing at playing evil, right down to her makeup job, she just looks like she's far more evil then the antichrist himself, also having an appearance by Anton Levy (Who's books I read as a teenager) was a solid bit of realism.

Over all great episode, right down to these moments of pure humor that were needed in an otherwise creepy episode where we finally learn what we're up again.

Somehow this season does feel like a final season, though American Horror Story is suppossed to have two more seasons, but somehow you get the feeling that the cast of current actors are on their last legs here.

Oh one last thought, the difficult thing when you have actors playing so many roles that collide is that it almost pulls you out of the show when the psychic looks like the Superior and talks like the Superior.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I wasn't going to bother with this season, since the last one with the cult was so terrible, but I'm glad I stuck with it. This season has been great so far.

I hope it doesn't degenerate into a nonsensical convoluted mess down the final stretch, the way Hotel and Roanoke did after strong starts.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wasn't going to bother with this season, since the last one with the cult was so terrible, but I'm glad I stuck with it. This season has been great so far.

I hope it doesn't degenerate into a nonsensical convoluted mess down the final stretch, the way Hotel and Roanoke did after strong starts.
They did a good job keeping it on track for Cult, so I hope they learned and do the same here. It seems like we’re on a clean, clear path to the end though with Michael vs. The Witches and them trying to stop the ultimate evil from being the supreme.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah, I haven't paid attention to this series since I gave up on it during season 4. This thread got me to check out the current season and I'm enjoying it a lot. I also decided to check out Cult after hearing good things about it, but I'm only partially through that, and not quite as intrigued by it as I am with Apocalypse.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Is anybody else still watching this? No comments for 2 episodes. I thought this last episode was pretty meh to be honest. I thought episode 7 was pretty good though.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Is anybody else still watching this? No comments for 2 episodes. I thought this last episode was pretty meh to be honest. I thought episode 7 was pretty good though.

Still watch it for sure. I don't tend to comment much w/o responding to something else though. I also felt the last episode was pretty meh, but the 2 prior were awesome. I have a feeling the next one will be great and the finale is a crapshoot.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Not a bad episode, but the problem is that it just feels like there's way too much to cover in next weeks finale

Just some thoughts

Just some brutal scenes in this one, the murder of the witches including Mir-bot killing the wounded, but she had a shotgun arm.
The execution of the Romanovs when the youngest daughter who was a witch couldn't protect them.
Michael tearing apart the warlocks, though they didn't show it the results were brutal.

Some weirdness, because Mallory can bring back the dead that she can travel back in time huh?

Mutt and Jeff controlling the Mir-bot and guiding Michael down the path of science over magic was a pretty good piece of story telling and continues to show that the son of satan to that point is more a passenger then the true Lord of Darkness.

I love that the witches are basically assuring themselves that their magic was powerful enough to protect them from the Anti-Christ, but Michael and Dinah tore through it like paper, also the payment to Dinah of her talk show is kind of empty because the world is ending.

I loved the whole setting of the collective err Luminati. and I loved the esthetic of it with the masked members in the boardroom. But an organization built by movers and shakers and industrialists and tech giants doesn't have a board room and a projector or 100 inch screen with power point made me think that was an opportunity lost.

There's lots of questions to be answered next week, but this week was a strong episode after a couple of weeks of meh. Full credit to Cody Fern who in the end played a great Son of Satan with a full grip on his destiny.

Also credit to Sarah Paulson's Mrs Venable. You could see the wheels turning when she was offered power over the shelters

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just watched the last 3 episodes. What in the flying f*** is going on? :laugh: Talk about going off track and starting so much when the season is coming to an end, holyyyy shit :laugh:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
My wife's watched this show religiously since it came on. The only seasons I've liked enough to follow along with were Coven, Freak Show, uh...the first one a bit...Hotel had moments...pretty much hated the rest. Cult was awful. Roanoake was worse. Barely remember Asylum, which I just had to look up. Didn't like Apocalypse and it ended exactly how I thought it would.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I enjoyed it. It entertained me. Was there any significance between the parents of the new baby and why they were used?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
You just kind of have to accept that AHS is only good at the build up. The finale's are consistently a let down, but the journey to get there is the fun. I could seriously take a season without Sarah Paulson for once, she really grinds my gears these days.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Every time Sarah pops up on my screen with a new character in the same season I audibly shout out “her AGAIN?”

I’m really tired of Sarah. There wasn’t enough Evan, and there hasn’t been enough Finn Wittrock since Freak Show.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I enjoyed it. It entertained me. Was there any significance between the parents of the new baby and why they were used?
Yeah, I was questioning this as well. I get how Michael could be the spawn of Satan, but this one was just the kid of two people that should have been dead in the original reality. Not sure how them getting a second chance would then lead to their son being the next ant-christ... I think they mainly just wanted to show a circle of the fight between good and evil and wrapped it up with these two parents, but I don't see how it truly works. Oh well, meh ending but this season was entertaining at least.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Yeah, I was questioning this as well. I get how Michael could be the spawn of Satan, but this one was just the kid of two people that should have been dead in the original reality. Not sure how them getting a second chance would then lead to their son being the next ant-christ... I think they mainly just wanted to show a circle of the fight between good and evil and wrapped it up with these two parents, but I don't see how it truly works. Oh well, meh ending but this season was entertaining at least.

Who were they children of? I didn't catch that. At first I figured the male was a spirit of some sort who had the intention of going out to hook up w/someone to bring the Antichrist, but they didn't seem to follow that. Maybe what you noticed has something to do w/what I expected in a way?

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Who were they children of? I didn't catch that. At first I figured the male was a spirit of some sort who had the intention of going out to hook up w/someone to bring the Antichrist, but they didn't seem to follow that. Maybe what you noticed has something to do w/what I expected in a way?

We never see the daughter’s parents but remember from the first few episodes where the kid got accepted to UCLA and right after he was being picked up by the government as the bombs were heading for California? His parents seemed like “normal” folks.

Then he and the chick were pretty much a couple while in the bunker, prior to the apples...

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
We never see the daughter’s parents but remember from the first few episodes where the kid got accepted to UCLA and right after he was being picked up by the government as the bombs were heading for California? His parents seemed like “normal” folks.

Then he and the chick were pretty much a couple while in the bunker, prior to the apples...

Wow, I completely missed that one. Would have added a lot to it if they have a reasonable explanation about "why them". Adds a level of interest to why one of the rules was "no unapproved relationships".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->