TV: American Gods tv adaptation

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Only eight episodes? Bummer.
Easily the best new show on tv imo.
I think reading the book is out of the question now, unless one reads to the season finale and stops there.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Interesting to see how different the show's reception is. I've read people quiting it after 1-2 episodes because it's "boring" or "pointless" while others call it the next big thing and love it for its philosophic approach, characters or just for the pictures and themes and music.

I'm one of the latter, the soundtrack and visuals are tremendous. I picked up the book and am 3/4 through it. The show went a bit in another direction with some characters and subplots/details but I'm loving it nonetheless. Definitely one of the best shows I've watched so far.

Do we know when in 2018 season 2 is supposed to air?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Interesting to see how different the show's reception is. I've read people quiting it after 1-2 episodes because it's "boring" or "pointless" while others call it the next big thing and love it for its philosophic approach, characters or just for the pictures and themes and music.

I'm one of the latter, the soundtrack and visuals are tremendous. I picked up the book and am 3/4 through it. The show went a bit in another direction with some characters and subplots/details but I'm loving it nonetheless. Definitely one of the best shows I've watched so far.

Do we know when in 2018 season 2 is supposed to air?

It sounds like production on S2 doesn't even start until early 2018, so it won't be ready for April again. Many people seem to think that we could be looking at perhaps September 2018.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It sounds like production on S2 doesn't even start until early 2018, so it won't be ready for April again. Many people seem to think that we could be looking at perhaps September 2018.

Which is ok, because it looks like we will get the Good Omens mini series in April.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
This might be the biggest piece of shit I've ever sat through. What a mish-mash of hipster fuel. Girlfriend is sitting here with a gun to my head forcing me to watch this. I can feel my brains melting through my nose.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I binge watched it all last weekend, It got better as it went on but It really struggles to keep my interest. The Shadow/Mr. Wednesday scenes don't do it for me. Mad Sweeney and Laura was the better part of the last few episodes of season 1.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I binge watched it all last weekend, It got better as it went on but It really struggles to keep my interest. The Shadow/Mr. Wednesday scenes don't do it for me. Mad Sweeney and Laura was the better part of the last few episodes of season 1.

Funnily enough, as a huge fan of the book, I'm frustrated by how much time they spend on Laura (and by extension, Mad Sweeney).

That and the fact that they've completely changed Shadow's personality and even given one of his best moments from the early part of the book to another character.

It's interesting that I'm feeling this way, considering Neil Gaiman is an integral part of the whole thing. I'm trying to remind myself that I trust him, since I've liked pretty much everything he's written.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Loving this new season and am excited af that it's already renewed for a 3rd season. So glad that most of the reviews are turning out to be the usual critic b/s

One of my few complaints is A) some of the dialogue and B) Those flashbacks

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I really like the 2nd season so far. I don't even know what exactly it is about this series that keeps me interesting. At times I feel like "WTF am I even watching here" but I keep on watching. Good stuff.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Loved the first season but season two has been a tire fire so far. Hoping that it saves itself in the last couple episodes with the latest show runner in charge.

The story of how season 2 came to be is a bit crazy. And so surprises me that there will be a season 3, but hopefully it's an improvement over two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->