Gaudreau-Matthews-Kane

Leetch-Chelios

Vs.

Ovechkin-Fedorov-Kucherov

Fetisov-Zubov

Vs.

Zetterberg-Forsberg-Pettersson

Lidstrom-Karlsson

Pick the best 5 if all were at their peaks. Try not to use projections for the younger players but more or less what they are now or the best level they've shown so far.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Swedish defense shits on the other two. Russian offense is better than the Swedish offense though.

Kinda tough. But to be fair, I wouldn't be putting Pettersson in there, as we're going off guys' peaks. Would make more sense with Sundin, Alfredsson, or one of the Sedins.

Overall I'd say the Swedes and Russians could go either way. USA is the obvious #3.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Swedish defense ****s on the other two

I don’t know about that. I would certainly take Chelios over Karlsson and would have to think long and hard about Leetch vs Karsslon. Lidstrom probably tips the scale for Sweden, but I would hardly say that pairing “shits” on the US.

Zubov is clearly the weakest here.

CptPicard

Mar 30, 2013
A weak choice of players... Why would you use guys like Matthews and Gaudreau (and Kane) who are so young and have so much hockey left to play versus legends like Lidström, Fedorov and Forsberg? People will always choose the guys that are proven and had a great career. And try not to use projections??

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A weak choice of players... Why would you use guys like Matthews and Gaudreau (and Kane) who are so young and have so much hockey left to play versus legends like Lidström, Fedorov and Forsberg? People will always choose the guys that are proven and had a great career. And try not to use projections??

For what it's worth, even if you put a guy like Modano in here I don't think the USA has much of a leg to stand on.

USA hockey is really surging in the last decade or so. Should hopefully be able to come into this conversation in a decade or two.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
For what it's worth, even if you put a guy like Modano in here I don't think the USA has much of a leg to stand on.

USA hockey is really surging in the last decade or so. Should hopefully be able to come into this conversation in a decade or two.

Modano and Lafontaine at their peak were both better than Matthews and Gaudreau right now. Could change since they haven’t peaked yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad