TV: AMC The Terror

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I didn't find a thread for the Terror and am kind of surprised. Really intrigued by this show so far though I will say I still don't feel entirely hooked.

It is based around the real life Franklin Expedition that went missing in the late 1840s. There was a haunting frozen mummy of a sailor found from the expedition and not much else is known.

Anyone else following?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Have it taped but haven't really watched it. I'll watch Jared Harris in anything though so it's only a matter of time.

I will say that they have found quite a bit about the Franklin Expedition in the last 160 years. Canadian research teams found the wrecks of both the ships and there's lots of stories about what happened.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Haha I had no idea the ships were found. I have not learned more about since first reading 20+ years ago. When I started to watch the show I decided not to read too much into it again to try to avoid spoilers.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just finished the season...i dont think they are doing a second, so maybe the Series? It definitely lost my interest midway through but i watched the final 3 episodes last night...i'd give it a 6/10

Reactions: Neutrinos

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I got the book out of the library and am about 200 pages in. It's a really unsettling story for a number of reasons, but primarily because it skips around in time and goes from characters being alive to characters being dead -- you know what's going to happen but they don't.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I was intrigued when I first heard about this series, but lost interest when I saw the trailer. Wasn't a fan of them including a monster

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Yeah, the monster was a bit goofie, but Ciarán Hinds, Tobias Menzies and Jared Harris are some of the best actors in the biz. They all nailed it out of the park.

Also, lol at Tobias' Julius Caesar reference in the first episode.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I watched it and enjoyed it for what it was. I will say it becomes difficult to care about most of the crew as their names/ranks/looks just sort of wash over each other. Aside from the captains, the one doctor and the antagonist I couldn't say I would remember them from one scene to the next.

Reactions: Neutrinos and Danko

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So there will be a Season 2.

from ca.ign.com:

AMC has renewed horror anthology series The Terror for Season 2, and plans to debut the 10-episode second season in 2019.

As anyone who watched Season 1 can probably deduce, the first iteration of The Terror (based on the novel of the same name by Dan Simmons) told a self-contained story about the doomed crews of the HMS Erebus and HMS Terror, two ships which disappeared while searching for the Northwest Passage in the 1800s. Season 2 of The Terror will tell a brand new story with a new cast and showrunner.

According to AMC, Season 2 of the anthology will be "set during World War II and center on an uncanny specter that menaces a Japanese-American community from its home in Southern California to the internment camps to the war in the Pacific."

The Terror's second season is co-created and executive produced by Alexander Woo (True Blood) and Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island, Godzilla), with Woo serving as showrunner.

"The Terror has given us the opportunity to take a unique approach to the anthology format. We loved the concept of beginning with an actual historical event and overlaying it with a fictional horror element, and we are immensely proud of this show's combination of cinematic scope and intimate character work," said David Madden, president of original programming at AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios. "We are thrilled to announce a second season and dramatize one of the most chilling and important events of the 20th Century, guided by the vision of the gifted Alexander Woo and Max Borenstein. Our deep appreciation goes to the persistently creative and passionate showrunning team of David Kajganich and Soo Hugh, the incomparable Ridley Scott and the rest of the producing team, and the outstanding cast led by Jared Harris for launching this concept and leaving us on the precipice of terrifying new adventures as we continue with the next chapter of The Terror.”

Full story here: The Terror Season 2: AMC Renews Horror Anthology for a New Story Set During World War II - IGN

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
So AMC is really greenlighting a new series and they should just state it as such. These two limited series have absolutely nothing to do with each other: different show runners, different actors, timeframe, subject, etc. Seems like a stupid stunt by AMC to build interest in whatever "season 2" is supposed to be on the back of The Terror. I think it's terribly misleading.

Reactions: Danko

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Season 2 starts on August 12th. :thumbu:

from thefutoncritic.com:

Set during World War II, the haunting and suspenseful, second season of the horror-infused anthology, The Terror: Infamy, centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese-American community, and a young man's journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible.

The series stars Derek Mio as Chester Nakayama; Kiki Sukezane (Lost in Space) as Yuko, a mysterious woman from Chester's past; Cristina Rodlo (Miss Bala) as Luz, Chester's secret girlfriend; Shingo Usami (Unbroken) as Henry Nakayama, Chester's father; Naoko Mori (Everest) as Asako Nakayama, Chester's mother; Miki Ishikawa (9-1-1) as Amy, a Nakayama family friend; and renowned actor, producer, author and activist George Takei (Star Trek) as Yamato-san, a community elder and former fishing captain.

The Terror: Infamy is an AMC Studios production produced by Scott Free, Emaj Productions and Entertainment 360. The show is co-created and executive produced by Alexander Woo and Max Borenstein, with Woo also serving as showrunner. Ridley Scott, David W. Zucker, Alexandra Milchan, Scott Lambert, Guymon Casady and Jordan Sheehan also serve as executive producers.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Just a reminder that Season 2 starts Monday night.

the_terror_infamy-465556478-large.jpg

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So without giving away any of the plot - how have the first 2 episodes been ???? I haven't watched anything yet because my GF started this stupid habit of recording a whole season of a show on our PVR and then watching it in one or two sittings once the season has concluded. :thumbd:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: