Amazon acquires Monday night NHL package in Canada from Sportsnet - will broadcast games exclusively on Prime Video

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Any night is popular, but Monday might be the least popular.
Saturday night being the most popular.
It's not Canada's version of anything.

Saturday night is hockey night. Always has been always will be

This question is to no one in particular, will the Amazon games not be included in center ice packages?
ok so like Football, Sunday and Monday are popular and Thursday is the red headed step child

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
American fan asking in ignorance. Is Monday night hockey really a thing? It is popular?

or is it essentially Canada's version of Thursday Night Football?? (which Amazon ironically has)

Any night is popular, but Monday might be the least popular.
Saturday night being the most popular.
Even Saturday isn't what it once was. I remember Saturday's were always a gathering at someone's house to watch back to back hockey, but that seems to have been drastically changed. Probably because we have so many options that you can watch any game you any day of the week a lot easier than it use to be. Most popular still, but I miss those days as a kid going out with my parents to someone's house for a Saturday evening of hockey.

As for Monday's they are popular if your team is playing, but by no means is it an event or can't miss hockey. It's really just an ordinary day that if you have time you'll tune in if you like the teams playing.

Wouldn't even call it a version of Thursday Night Football, as I know a lot more people that plan to watch Thursday Night football than Monday night hockey.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Good!

I don't like Sportsnet. It's about times the rights got turned over to another company.

I can't help but wonder though... Does this mean Hockey Night In Canada will be dead? Not that I care since Sportsnet turned it into smelly trash anyways. Just genuinely curious.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
….and now it gets worse for fans.

I can't believe some fans are happy in this thread, must be Amazon bots...
1475762212-2.png

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So if I am am existing prime member, do I have access to these games or are they an add on?

Will sportsnet still offer these games on tv too?

Reactions: Colezuki

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
ok so like Football, Sunday and Monday are popular and Thursday is the red headed step child

Other than Saturday, there's no particular attachment on any day for nhl hockey.

Sporsnet has tried marketing their Wednesday night hockey for years but nobody is buying it. Sportsnet also used to have hometown hockey on Sundays for a few years but that's be thrown in the trashcan.

Saturday still feels special, but the rest of the days are just another day.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Good listen, much more than the headline writer makes it.
For those not in Canada, he’s a business sports lawyer in Ottawa, airs on TSN radio shows.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Good listen, much more than the headline writer makes it.
For those not in Canada, he’s a business sports lawyer in Ottawa, airs on TSN radio shows.

Obvious, but some people are blind...

Amazon, Netflix, Apple, Disney, Paramount, Hulu, SN, TSN... take my money

1641717300-4d3cd797-e7bd-49ee-b632-fceee278c699.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad