Am Very upset/disappointed at Amalie Arena

JD1977

May 9, 2018
I am visiting Orlando/Disney from May 13-May 23. our train from Boston to Washington and then Washington to Kissimee arrives around 1:30 pm on the 13th. I had been planning to rent my car at the Car Care Center (Alamo Kia Soul) already have the reservation there. - And check in at my place at Silver lake (just off property 2 min from All star music and animal kingdom) and then my plan was to drive to Tampa and go to the Eastern Conference Finals vs the Caps.

I am a Bruins fan, and also an employee of the TD garden in Guest Services as an usher. We work with Delaware North, run by Jeremy Jacobs and Charlie Jacobs (the jacobs family) and always believe in the Delaware North motto Creating Special experience for every guest one guest at a time and the 10 points of Guest path, which I follow every day at my job.

I have never been to a Tampa Bay Game and I thought it would be fun even though we lost to check out the world class Amalie arena for the first time. I went on ticket master tonight in hopes to snag a ticket. the ticket for the Loft section Tampa Bay Times loft had one for the 13th seat 213 row A seat 1 in the TBTLFT. I thought great. this should work out perfect. Tix are a bit pricey at $335 total ($286 ) before taxes. But I thought heck I get a great club seat. and I got the last one For game 2.

Or so I though.

I go to put in my credit card and find out I can't buy the ticket because I'm not a Florida Resident. WTF?
What gives? I have never heard of such a thing. I understand the reasoning to limit fights and create a better fan experience. Its one thing to not allow opposing jerseys into the arena, but to completely ban anyone from outside the area from coming to a game is ridiculous.

I just wanted to experience a playoff game and watch the team that beat us play in the ECF. I wanted to have a good time at the Amalie arena and enjoy its ambiance.
and the playoff experience. I wanted a seat in the club level and to enjoy that experience as well.

But now I'm probably going to miss out on this all because of these ridiculous draconian policies of the arena.

Well, rest assure I'm calling customer service tomorrow and asking to speak to a premium club manager. I am going to get that 213 A 1 seat come hell or high water.
I'm calling today at 9am. I can understand maybe limiting people from the opposing team area like DC area, but Boston? Why can't someone from an out of state city who just wants to enjoy a hockey game, get a ticket to the Club level or any seat in the stadium just because I'm not from Florida.

This is a ridiculous policy and needs to end.

I was excited to see a different arena, but looks like I might not get that chance.

Sincerely,
Jeff Dearman
Disapointed Hockey Fan.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I'm sorry that I can't help you but you might want to take a look at this page where the lightning fans and the Hawks fans exchange their opinions on this matter in a friendly manner. happened 3 yrs ago.
Amalie Arena policies: fact vs. fiction
Best of luck to you! :)

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have NY and Florida residence, but all my CCs and accounts are linked to my NY resident. Since it’s my primary residence. Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I did not have that problem this time because I bought my tickets for Game 1 and 2 of the first round before they knew their matchup so was lucky. I do agree with you. There are a lot of Bolts fans outside of Florida, and the team needs to do something about this. As per rival fans, really should not refuse business either.

I did talk to one of the sports writer’s for the Lightning and he said if you call directly and plead your case with them you might have a good chance to get tickets via phone. Did you try that? Calling ticketmaster directly?

Also, if you do get tickets and drive to Tampa, word of advice, give yourself some extra time if you are driving from Disney to the arena. Route 4/I-4, I-traffic can be very bad, especially around rush hour. Could take you at least another 30 mins.

Last edited:

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
If you were that dedicated to going, you can drive up to Amalie Arena's ticket box and swipe your card in person. It won't be declined due to billing area and you will have your tickets.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If you were that dedicated to going, you can drive up to Amalie Arena's ticket box and swipe your card in person. It won't be declined due to billing area and you will have your tickets.
That's probably not a good idea, if you're not visiting Tampa anyway. Day of game it'll be sold out, and you'll have to double back from Disney just for tickets.

You could have the box office hold them, but that's fixing the underlying problem.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I am visiting Orlando/Disney from May 13-May 23. our train from Boston to Washington and then Washington to Kissimee arrives around 1:30 pm on the 13th. I had been planning to rent my car at the Car Care Center (Alamo Kia Soul) already have the reservation there. - And check in at my place at Silver lake (just off property 2 min from All star music and animal kingdom) and then my plan was to drive to Tampa and go to the Eastern Conference Finals vs the Caps.

I am a Bruins fan, and also an employee of the TD garden in Guest Services as an usher. We work with Delaware North, run by Jeremy Jacobs and Charlie Jacobs (the jacobs family) and always believe in the Delaware North motto Creating Special experience for every guest one guest at a time and the 10 points of Guest path, which I follow every day at my job.

I have never been to a Tampa Bay Game and I thought it would be fun even though we lost to check out the world class Amalie arena for the first time. I went on ticket master tonight in hopes to snag a ticket. the ticket for the Loft section Tampa Bay Times loft had one for the 13th seat 213 row A seat 1 in the TBTLFT. I thought great. this should work out perfect. Tix are a bit pricey at $335 total ($286 ) before taxes. But I thought heck I get a great club seat. and I got the last one For game 2.

Or so I though.

I go to put in my credit card and find out I can't buy the ticket because I'm not a Florida Resident. WTF?
What gives? I have never heard of such a thing. I understand the reasoning to limit fights and create a better fan experience. Its one thing to not allow opposing jerseys into the arena, but to completely ban anyone from outside the area from coming to a game is ridiculous.

I just wanted to experience a playoff game and watch the team that beat us play in the ECF. I wanted to have a good time at the Amalie arena and enjoy its ambiance.
and the playoff experience. I wanted a seat in the club level and to enjoy that experience as well.

But now I'm probably going to miss out on this all because of these ridiculous draconian policies of the arena.

Well, rest assure I'm calling customer service tomorrow and asking to speak to a premium club manager. I am going to get that 213 A 1 seat come hell or high water.
I'm calling today at 9am. I can understand maybe limiting people from the opposing team area like DC area, but Boston? Why can't someone from an out of state city who just wants to enjoy a hockey game, get a ticket to the Club level or any seat in the stadium just because I'm not from Florida.

This is a ridiculous policy and needs to end.

I was excited to see a different arena, but looks like I might not get that chance.

Sincerely,
Jeff Dearman
Disapointed Hockey Fan.
This is not new or even unique to Amalie.

Last year we were going to take our niece to a game in Nashville for Christmas. Being from Ontario, our CC was not acceptable. She had to pay for the tickets (lives in Alabama) and we had to pay her back.

I both get it and don't get it. What I think should happen is restrictions at first to ensure the local fans get access. But, after insert time limit here it should be opened up for general sale. There's no reason a set should be empty if there's a fan from out of town who wants it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Unique to your situation as a TD Garden employee, could you get their box office to call the Bolts box office and hook you up?

Or, since we get TB traffic on here, TB contact the TD Garden Box Office?

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
This is not new or even unique to Amalie.

Last year we were going to take our niece to a game in Nashville for Christmas. Being from Ontario, our CC was not acceptable. She had to pay for the tickets (lives in Alabama) and we had to pay her back.

I both get it and don't get it. What I think should happen is restrictions at first to ensure the local fans get access. But, after insert time limit here it should be opened up for general sale. There's no reason a set should be empty if there's a fan from out of town who wants it.

There were no empty seats and sellouts are a regular thing now.

Thus your point is moot.

Anyone can buy aftermarket tickets via StubHub, etc., but you'll pay more, however, out of town gear is forbidden in certain levels, especially the party areas in club seating.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
There were no empty seats and sellouts are a regular thing now.

Thus your point is moot.

Anyone can buy aftermarket tickets via StubHub, etc., but you'll pay more, however, out of town gear is forbidden in certain levels, especially the party areas in club seating.
I didn’t mean at Amalie specifically.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Dear Jeff Dearman,

Thank you for reaching out about your disappointing experience at Amalie Arena. I will be sure to to revert the policy immediately.

Sincerely,
Sila v Kucherove
Master of Amalie Arena and surrounding environs and totally not an internet random at an inappropriate place to lodge a complaint

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
In all seriousness though OP, you might be able to contact Matt Watson who deals with a lot of high level ticket transactions. He's in here on occasion but he's extremely busy as he deals with training professionals .
In our HLE Hockey business with me and my mom.

But you can search previous Game Day Threads that were originally created in the back in the days of 04 to find him.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah just StubHub it at this point. Sorry other away fans had to be such jerks and ruin it for everyone else.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Man, sure don’t get enough of reading these and the Fenway style posts on the main boards. Glad you opened this here, and also super happy no mods have deleted it yet.

Reactions: Master P

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I have NY and Florida residence, but all my CCs and accounts are linked to my NY resident. Since it’s my primary residence. Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I did not have that problem this time because I bought my tickets for Game 1 and 2 of the first round before they knew their matchup so was lucky. I do agree with you. There are a lot of Bolts fans outside of Florida, and the team needs to do something about this. As per rival fans, really should not refuse business either.

I did talk to one of the sports writer’s for the Lightning and he said if you call directly and plead your case with them you might have a good chance to get tickets via phone. Did you try that? Calling ticketmaster directly?

Also, if you do get tickets and drive to Tampa, word of advice, give yourself some extra time if you are driving from Disney to the arena. Route 4 traffic can be very bad, especially around rush hour. Could take you at least another 30 mins.

What the hell is Route 4?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Get a prepaid Visa gift card. Set the ZIP code to a Florida one. Purchase tickets.

retr0

May 7, 2018
Man, sure don’t get enough of reading these and the Fenway style posts on the main boards. Glad you opened this here, and also super happy no mods have deleted it yet.

You have some serious passive aggressiveness going on there!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad