Am I the only one really excited this year?

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
We have a great new coach, who while extremely tough and strict, inspires players to play well above their mean. He brings a system that encourages creativity from not only the skilled forwards, but more importantly the offensive defencemen. (Bouwmeester)

Kipper has looked soooo good in camp and looks ready to carry this team as far as they want. We gained Wideman, Baertschi, Czervenka and Hudler and only lost Jokinen. This team, imo, at least for whatever its worth, is miles better than what it was last year or any of the last 4 or 5 for that matter.

And while were at it, did you see Backlunds numbers in Sweden, he blew away centers that are supposedly 'way better than him'. I'm crazy excited to see if he brings that swagger to the team this year and playing between Baertschi and Cammo, that has to make you a little wet right?

I'm loving this team this year and I can't wait to see it.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Well we lost more than just Jokinen, but I see your point.

No, you are not the only one who is excited. The fact we are all her to discuss (argue) hockey means we love the game and are all excited.

I just LOVE when the flames are pegged to be the worst team ever. Because we aren't. We have an extremely deep team with enough talent and skill to put us over.

No we are not elite. But no one in the west is anymore. The dynamics have changed. Even more so with the 48 game season.

Playoffs, here we come

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm excited whether we win or lose. We lose, we trade Iginla, Kipper, Sarich, Stempniak, Comeau, Stajan, etc for some picks or prospects, then we should have better drafting with Feaster and Wisebrough with our top 5 pick. Our prospects are really good down the road and we would still have some solid pieces in Cammy, Hudler, Tangs, Glencross, Wideman, Bouwmeester, etc.

Or if we win games, well sweet. Can't go wrong with winning.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I am really excited but more for hockey in general with the Cowboys missing the playoffs again and the Bronco's choking I don't have much left to cheer for.

Last edited:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I think the Flames might make the playoffs this year. From what I know about Hartley, he is a hell of a coach, and I think they improved their roster greatly compared to last year. Adding a guy like Wideman on D makes a huge difference, and if Cervenka and Hudler perform as well as they can, I can see some improvements for the Flames. Also, I think it's going to be Backlund's year and Baertschi's addition surely helps a lot too.

The Flames will probably make it to the playoffs this year. I'm excited for them.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'm excited to see what Hartley can do and what he does for Backlund and Bouwmeester's game, both of whom were terribly misused under previous management. I'm not particularly optimistic at the team making the playoffs, but I'm hopeful the on-ice produce won't be as boring as it was under Sutter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->