Am I the only one in this sub who's actually played organized hockey before?

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
this organised hockey league you played in? did you play in it while sitting in your basement while slamming back big gulps and holding a small joy stick in your hands?
OP said organized so we're all in America now, now talk like it or face my The Wall

Sep 19, 2008

Like half of the comments I've seen on this sub are so obviously written by non-athletes that it's almost humorous.

When I was in high school (3 year starter for our varsity hockey team) I would get a full-on sprint going and clock the shit outta whoever had the puck. My coaches called me "speedhawk" as a nickname caus I had such a nose for the puck and for those three seasons I was considered the most feared right winger in our conference. Senior year I led my team to the state semifinals only to get f***ed over by the refs in the 3rd but that's another conversation (DM me if you're interested in hearing about it)

So, yeah. I hope yall can understand why I feel like their's such a big disconnect between myself and your typical poster. Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way lol

Sep 19, 2008
I used to work in the NHL, in the hockey ops and scouting side of things. I know some shit about how an NHL FO works. Still baffles me that people think they know shit about how teams work or how the trade market works.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Ho Le Chit ... this is the funniest dead pan comedy Ive read in a while. The equivalent of the "do you even lift".

I played organized ice hockey, played college lacrosse, was an NCLL All Star, scored 4 goals against Duquense University AND ... I dont spend my adult life playing some war game pretend marine guy.

(I play RDR2 as a cowboy ... peum! puem! bang! bang!)

edit - pretty sure hes talking floor hockey. lol .. sprinting? starter? I also played in an adult floor/rollerbalde league when I was like 13, they had to make a special exemption for me .. because I am also bad ass .... and I could pay the registration money

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015

Like half of the comments I've seen on this sub are so obviously written by non-athletes that it's almost humorous.

When I was in high school (3 year starter for our varsity hockey team) I would get a full-on sprint going and clock the shit outta whoever had the puck. My coaches called me "speedhawk" as a nickname caus I had such a nose for the puck and for those three seasons I was considered the most feared right winger in our conference. Senior year I led my team to the state semifinals only to get f***ed over by the refs in the 3rd but that's another conversation (DM me if you're interested in hearing about it)

So, yeah. I hope yall can understand why I feel like their's such a big disconnect between myself and your typical poster. Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way lol

I'd certainly like to have your autograph.

As soon I get you and the Green Lantern my collection of fictional superheroes will be complete.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I find the the ones posts on these board not matter what sport it is are just FANs
Who may or may not have played organized hockey or what ever sport they are posting on
The ones playing at NHL level don’t really care what anyone says these boards really unless it’s a direct insult to them personally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad