Player Discussion Alzner

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Would have been so easy:

Hello Marky, would you like to join me for a nice meal.

Marky, i'm ready to keep you at your current salary (5.75mil), let's take it one season at a time. We wan't you to finish your career here.

Hand shake, shot of vodka, done deal, everybody wins.

I dunno man... it's just so hard to sign players. Especially when they want to come play here it's too complicated.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The real question is how can a team that is built on the metric of character have bad attitude?

He can't say the team is lacking character so he now says they don't have the right attitude. If the team bounces back next season he can say they had the right attitude. If they don't he will find something new to blame. "Morale" is my guess.

Reactions: habsfan909

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
He can't say the team is lacking character so he now says they don't have the right attitude. If the team bounces back next season he can say they had the right attitude. If they don't he will find something new to blame. "Morale" is my guess.
He just sits down with his frenglish thesaurus and picks related words

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Morale isn't something that most people tie to individuals though the way character or attitude is. It'll be resolve, grit, integrity, mentality, nature and/or disposition.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Oh integrity is a good one.

"They don't have the integrity to win. This is on me. Give me a session to figure it out."
Confidence was his buzz word when we sucked at the beginning of the season, maybe it didn't come off well with the focus groups before his year end PC or he's saving that one

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Benn 1.1 million, Alzner 4.6 million. Their play tells me they should both be paid 1.1...

In an era of an NHL which is seeing the game become about skating and puck movement you cannot pay 4.6 mil for a “stay at home D man”!!!
But Karlzie is a great guy, with character, and the right attitude!! Once you have character, and attitude, good tings are gunna start habbening, like dat.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Someone somewhere will take Price. As long as we dont have to retained more than 1.5mil.

Might have to retain some salary and cap depending on the team if trading him was the route they wanted to go, but if they were to decide to trade him before next season, highly doubt we would be retaining anything. Some GM would bite. As far as value in a trade, that’s where we would bite a bullet. That being said, it’s never going to happen so the fans are going to have to get used to it. If he stinks next season, then maybe Bergevin or whoever our GM starts seriously considering it.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Does he need to be protected in the next expansion draft? Im guessing it would be in 2 years.
Also what about Mete and Juulsen?

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The real question is how can a team that is built on the metric of character have bad attitude?
It doesn't have a bad attitude. It's just a BS excuse. Just like "this isn't PS"...or "trades are hard"...or "if only you knew..but I can't tell you"...Just another BS line Bergevin likes to use to take away some pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->