Player Discussion Alzner

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He can't be as bad next year right?

When is the next round of free buyouts ?

the next lockout is after next season or so it's looking.

Would the Habs consider buying out Alzie??

I would be shocked if they did, all for it but shocked. Next season is his last at 6M, then we could be looking at a lockout, so we'll see what happens. Maybe if they retained on the last 2 years of his contract, we can move him to a team that needs to hit the cap floor as he'll get 3 and 3.5M in salary those last 2 years minus however much we kick in.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The game has become too fast for a stay at home D like Alzner. Seems like a really good guy but it appears that he is no longer able to keep up with the pace. Too bad this management group was to clueless to see this.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The game has become too fast for a stay at home D like Alzner. Seems like a really good guy but it appears that he is no longer able to keep up with the pace. Too bad this management group was to clueless to see this.

Alzner needs to become a vegan and work out 8 hours a day over the summer. Then we re-evaluate him at camp.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hated the signing but thought he can at least be a little decent. Ended up being worse. Similar to Shaw, thought he'd maybe be close to Gallagher... Ended up being a 4M Wiese.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He'd be fine if he was making Jordie Benn's, or even Schlemko's salary.. he seems like a good guy and was helpful to Juulsen it sounds like.

But four more years and getting paid like over 3x than he should is just gross.

Reactions: Tyson

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Lol... I had a good read at the start of the thread where 75% of posters said he would suck @$$, 15% of Posters were apprehensive but wanted to wait until he suited to up reach a verdict (fair point btw) 5% said he would be OK and 5% of the Pro Bergie supporters who said he would be awesome!!

good times.... :rolleyes:

beanmachine

Apr 14, 2018
Hated the signing but thought he can at least be a little decent. Ended up being worse. Similar to Shaw, thought he'd maybe be close to Gallagher... Ended up being a 4M Wiese.
i dont understand you shaw haters he had a rough go in the first season but he was actually one of our best players this year when he was healthy to say he is a weise in my opinion is laughable

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
i dont understand you shaw haters he had a rough go in the first season but he was actually one of our best players this year when he was healthy to say he is a weise in my opinion is laughable
Shaw was traded for 2 very good 2nd round picks that ended up being Alex Debrincat who had 52 points(28 goals) in his rookie season, Shaw has 49 points in 119 games since joining the Habs and Sam Girard who had 23 points as a 19 years old rookie dmen. 2 players at least 6 years younger with 75 points combine compare to Shaw 49 points. Another big trade Bergevin lost because of ATTITUDE.

beanmachine

Apr 14, 2018
Shaw was traded for 2 very good 2nd round picks that ended up being Alex Debrincat who had 52 points(28 goals) in his rookie season, Shaw has 49 points in 119 games since joining the Habs and Sam Girard who had 23 points as a 19 years old rookie dmen. 2 players at least 6 years younger with 75 points combine compare to Shaw 49 points. Another big trade Bergevin lost because of ATTITUDE.
yes debrincat would have been nice but there is no garentee the habs would have taken eather of those players, shaw isnt a top 6 player no one expected him to get points but i feel if the hawks would have picked 2 no bodys like most draft picks in the 2nd round we wouldnt have much to complain about he is a lovable player, my best friend is a hawks fan and you should have seen his reaction at the time of the trade he was devastated, he felt with andrew shaw on the team the hawks could have won a game or two when they got swepped by the preds, if the habs can manage to get an elite team by the time his contracts up i hope habs fans will set aside the fact a fool like bergy brought him in and see him for what he really is, a man who will do anything and everything he can game in and game out to help the team win, a true warrior

Last edited:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
yes debrincat would have been nice but there is no garentee the habs would have taken eather of those players, shaw isnt a top 6 player no one expected him to get points but i feel if the hawks would have picked 2 no bodys like most draft picks in the 2nd round we wouldnt have much to complain about he is a lovable player

He takes powerplay minutes away from more skilled players. He takes a bad penalty almost every game. He's damaged goods and talked about retiring after the Pateryn hit. He wasn't a need. He got six years when Radulov got one. He's a middle six anchor that probably would have been moved for less than two 2nd round picks elsewhere if Bergevin wasn't so obsessed with character. I mean Chicago gave up Teuvo just to get rid of Bickell but when they can't afford Shaw who is an RFA we give him two second round picks!?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
yes debrincat would have been nice but there is no garentee the habs would have taken eather of those players, shaw isnt a top 6 player no one expected him to get points but i feel if the hawks would have picked 2 no bodys like most draft picks in the 2nd round we wouldnt have much to complain about he is a lovable player, my best friend is a hawks fan and you should have seen his reaction at the time of the trade he was devastated, he felt with andrew shaw on the team the hawks could have won a game or two when they got swepped by the preds, if the habs can manage to get an elite team by the time his contracts up i hope habs fans will set aside the fact a fool like bergy brought him in and see him for what he really is, a man who will do anything and everything he can game in and game out to help the team win, a true warrior
How many more wins did we get with Shaw over the last 2 seasons?

My answer is like Captain Subban answer. Bergevin has destroyed this team.

beanmachine

Apr 14, 2018
He takes powerplay minutes away from more skilled players. He takes a bad penalty almost every game. He's damaged goods and talked about retiring after the Pateryn hit. He wasn't a need. He got six years when Radulov got one. He's a middle six anchor that probably would have been moved for less than two 2nd round picks elsewhere if Bergevin wasn't so obsessed with character. I mean Chicago gave up Teuvo just to get rid of Bickell but when they can't afford Shaw who is an RFA we give him two second round picks!?
they got 2 seconds for eller at the draft so it was essentially shaw for eller which is not as bad looking at it this way, who knows maybe in 5 years those 2 picksvend up being really good for us and no matter which way you see shaw the trades made could end up in our favour, i always try to find positives which has not been very easy latley lol i have to have hope the habs can find a way back to the top living here in toronto especially...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Did you watch Dale Weise last 2 years in Montreal though? He was arguably better considering he doesn't take as many dumb penalties, agitatates, and was fraction of $.

49 points in 119 games
55 points in 135 games

One is Shaw other is Weise. It's easier to be best player on team where everyone is bad.

beanmachine

Apr 14, 2018
How many more wins did we get with Shaw over the last 2 seasons?

My answer is like Captain Subban answer. Bergevin has destroyed this team.
my prediction is this ( me being captain hopefull here lol) habs miss the playoffs next season and bergy is finally canned, habs manage to get dahlin this year and that only happens because of bergs complete stupidity, so we end up with a world class player that convinces JT to come to montreal and everything works out in the end lol atleast thats what i pray for everyday

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
my prediction is this ( me being captain hopefull here lol) habs miss the playoffs next season and bergy is finally canned, habs manage to get dahlin this year and that only happens because of bergs complete stupidity, so we end up with a world class player that convinces JT to come to montreal and everything works out in the end lol atleast thats what i pray for everyday
So we still miss the playoffs with Dahlin and Tavares?

beanmachine

Apr 14, 2018
Did you watch Dale Weise last 2 years in Montreal though? He was arguably better considering he doesn't take as many dumb penalties, agitatates, and was fraction of $.

49 points in 119 games
55 points in 135 games

One is Shaw other is Weise. It's easier to be best player on team where everyone is bad.
to be fair look at weise now, he played way over his head in montreal, points dont tell the whole story with a player i just feel shaws only crime was he hopped aboard a ship that was already sinking in the first place there was nothing he could have done to help this team

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
We know that Timmins threw a fit in front of everyone when the 2 2nd round picks were traded, and that Stephane Leroux believes there was a 97% chance that Girard would have been taken with one of the two picks, as he said on L'Antichambre.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
to be fair look at weise now, he played way over his head in montreal, points dont tell the whole story with a player i just feel shaws only crime was he hopped aboard a ship that was already sinking in the first place there was nothing he could have done to help this team

How is that fair? I'm comparing what these players were in Montreal. I don't care what Weise does in Philly or what Shaw did in Chicago.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
To be honest, anyone who thinks trading for Shaw and seeing him signed to that contract simply refuses to face reality. He has sucked from day one. Another move that needed more thought. Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad