Player Discussion Alzner

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I heard he's the worst player of all time. His kids have to help him go to the bathroom. His wife had to hold the pen to sign his contract and he'll need a new seeing-eye dog soon. They didn't even show him houses in the area, just palliative care centres.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I heard he's the worst player of all time. His kids have to help him go to the bathroom. His wife had to hold the pen to sign his contract and he'll need a new seeing-eye dog soon. They didn't even show him houses in the area, just palliative care centres.

Best description ever! :laugh:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

I lol'd.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He's no Tony Twist but he will probably be one of the worst top four defenceman offensively in the league.

I mean it's a given once he's so beat up he has to skate on all fours. I can't imagine playing with my stick in my teeth.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Probably something Roman Hamrlik did.

I'd be ecstatic if Alzner is a steady top-4 D that gets 30+ points a year.

Alzner career high (21 points) is lower or equal to any Hamrlik year except his last 2 (68 and 16 games) and the one earlier on when he played 37 games.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Not sure why he's being compared to Hamrlik. Hamr came into the league as an offensive dynamo on the backend, who then changed his game to being a defensive defenseman. Big Al has never had those types of offensive abilities.

If Alzner get 20-30 points, plays solid defensively and excels on the penalty kill all the while allowing Petry to rush the puck more and create offense, he'll have earned his cheque.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hopefully injuries were behind his dip in production as the previous 2 years he put up back to back 21 pts. So I would want him to put up at least 15 pts while being a solid PKer and eating up minutes with steady play. I've liked him a good bit in the past but fear if injuries and wear/tear are catching up to him. Guess we'll see over the next few years how he holds up.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
30 points would be a miracle.

I think people are looking at Burns and Karlsson and think getting points in this league is a walk in the park.

There aren't even 60 D's who got 30 points this year.

Expecting 30 points out of Alzner would be like you said a miracle.

If he could hit 20 it would be great. :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Has Alzner ever heard of electric jar-openers? :amazed:

Reactions: groovejuice

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I think people are looking at Burns and Karlsson and think getting points in this league is a walk in the park.

There aren't even 60 D's who got 30 points this year.

Expecting 30 points out of Alzner would be like you said a miracle.

If he could hit 20 it would be great. :)

But the Habs traded one for a 3rd round pick.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Alzner is about even with Emelin offensively. He can skate shoot and pass, he just won't produce numbers. The difference is Alzner can actually play defence.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are we going to continue to entertain more untenable comparisons between Alzner and Emelin?

Is 5 years' worth of Alzner and his defensive block shot wizardry really worth the 5 years of investment vs. what would have been an expiring Emelin contract, allowing plenty of time to find a replacement without overpaying on the UFA market?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Are we going to continue to entertain more untenable comparisons between Alzner and Emelin?

Is 5 years' worth of Alzner and his defensive block shot wizardry really worth the 5 years of investment vs. what would have been an expiring Emelin contract, allowing plenty of time to find a replacement without overpaying on the UFA market?

Where do you find that guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad