Alzner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
Sabre fan here, what would it take for the Sabres to trade for Alzner? we need a LHD.

How has Alzner played? I don't see many Caps games, but when I watched last year, he seemed to be sound. Thanks for any replies.

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
Complete stud shutdown D. Eichel is the only player that gets the Caps to listen, given the status of the team.

So yeah, not happening.

Thanks for the reply. Was hoping Tyler Ennis, Johan Larson and a combo of picks and prospects would do it. Guess Im not even close.

BTW way nice avatar of Bunk, love the wire, as you can tell by mine.

bobbybobcat11

Feb 11, 2010
Yeah, it would take way more than any team is willing to part with to get Alzner. Pretty underrated by the rest of the league, but he is THE core piece of our back-end in my opinion. Carlson gets more recognition, but Alzner is a shutdown defenseman and is steadily improving his offensive game. The asking price would be very high

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I think asking for Eichel is ridiculous, that said Alzner is too important to this team to trade away unless a similar play comes back and he's playing too well for a change of scenery type move. He's actually become quite a physical player this year. I love it.

Jun 15, 2007
I wouldn't trade Alzner away for a straight upgrade at LD (unless we are talking about something unrealistic and ridiculous like OEL). When you get a player that wants to play for you and has proven it with taking a paycut, you hold on and don't let go. That's just on a hockey level. On a personal level, I love Alzner's attitude and he married a DC woman and has a kid so he has roots here now. He doesn't want to leave and the organization doesn't want him to leave.

I honestly want his next contract to have a NMC if that lowers his AAV by a bit.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I love me some Tyler Ennis, but losing Alzner totally changes the complexity of the team. With the Caps wanting to win a Cup right now -- coupled with Alzner's beaut of a contract and the Caps salary cap situation and Backstrom and Kuz having the 1-2C positions locked down -- I'm not sure who out there he'd be available for, unless GMBM had subsequent trades planned, i.e.:

-Alzner out, stud 2C+ in.
-Burakovsky+ (and cap dump) out, someone like M-E V in.

Ovie-Backs-Oshie
Johansson-Kuznetsov-Williams
Chimmer-Hanzal-Wilson
Laich-Beagle-Latta

Orpik-Carlson
M-EV-Nisky
Schmidt-Orlov

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think OP's question has been answered. Probably a thread better served for the trade proposal board anyway.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad