Waived: Alz-ner Well That Ends Well (Cleared waivers, reported to Laval)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Aside from Lucic, can’t fathom how he will be traded, even with 50% retained.

He can’t crack the top 6 of the 26th -31st ranked D in the league in year 2 of 5. Too scary to think about years 4 & 5.

Somebody almost always wants someone. I think Alzner will have a team that will trade for him. Don't expect much in the return. But I can see a team have interest in him. I can see Habs get a late pick (5th to 7th round pick) and a bad contract with less term than Alzner's and Alzner with a good chunk of his contract retained.

Reactions: donghabs98

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal

Why would this be true? Wasn’t he offered around the league before? Unless another team really wants him for their AHL team, why wouldn’t they have traded for him before he was demoted.

Anyway, would be grear to get a decent left D. Let’s see what happens.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Why would this be true? Wasn’t he offered around the league before? Unless another team really wants him for their AHL team, why wouldn’t they have traded for him before he was demoted.

Interested trading for Alzner with some retain, or/plus for another bad contract. They are showing """interest""".

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Interested trading for Alzner with some retain, or/plus for another bad contract. They are showing """interest""".

I still don’t know why they waited until after he was demoted. Those teams don’t have any bad contracts worth taling ... so unless it is for a prospect and we keep some of Alzner’s contract, then I don’t see the benefit for us. Let him play in the minors until he gains some speed. If other teams think their system is better for him because they play a slow style, then they should give us aomwone talented and fast that doesn’t fit there style, and we will help cover the costs and maybe thow in something else if they wow us.

Jul 6, 2016
I still don’t know why they waited until after he was demoted. Those teams don’t have any bad contracts worth taling ... so unless it is for a prospect and we keep some of Alzner’s contract, then I don’t see the benefit for us. Let him play in the minors until he gains some speed. If other teams think their system is better for him because they play a slow style, then they should give us aomwone talented and fast that doesn’t fit there style, and we will help cover the costs and maybe thow in something else if they wow us.

Alzner is gonna look super good in Laval... Because the AHL is a way slower league than the NHL.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I don't know if that is the greatest source for information. It also doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would the Habs accept to take a player back and retain salary.

His wording makes it sound like the Habs have to take a cap dump and retain salary for Alzner too. No thanks.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad