Waived: Alz-ner Well That Ends Well (Cleared waivers, reported to Laval)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Directly quote one single person saying that. Just one, if you can.

edgy said

"Radulov >>> Patches
Markov >>>>>>>>>>>>> Benn + Alzner + Schlemko
Sergachev >>> Benn+ Alzner + Schlemko
Sergachev > Drouin (We need Sergachev more than we need Drouin)
Tatar >> Patches
Domi > Galchenyuk

So all the players we have now minus Drouin, Benn, Alzner and Schlemko would be make us closer to a contender than a bubble team, because our D wouldn't suck and we would have Markov and Sergachev helping Petry while Weber is out instead of Benn, Alzner and Schlemko.

Only thing we would be missing is Kotka because we didn't suck and draft 3rd overall.

Same point production, lesser goals against. Not sure how you can't see that. "

and same poster

"I'd say it was more of a stupid move that set us back years. Had we kept Radulov and Markov, brought up Sergachev and traded Patches, we'd be a lot closer to a cup than needing a full blown rebuild. "

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
edgy said

"Radulov >>> Patches
Tatar >> Patches
Domi > Galchenyuk

So all the players we have now minus Drouin, Benn, Alzner and Schlemko would be make us closer to a contender than a bubble team, because our D wouldn't suck and we would have Markov and Sergachev helping Petry while Weber is out instead of Benn, Alzner and Schlemko.

Only thing we would be missing is Kotka because we didn't suck and draft 3rd overall.

and same poster

"I'd say it was more of a stupid move that set us back years. Had we kept Radulov and Markov, brought up Sergachev and traded Patches, we'd be a lot closer to a cup than needing a full blown rebuild. "

ZdyFb6w.gif

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Seriously? Markov wouldn't help this abysmal defense? Markov teaching Mete, Juulsen and Sergachev for 2 years wouldn't help them develop their game? How many defensemen has he increased their value by making them better than they were before playing with him? We would most certainly be closer to a cup, no doubt about it.

Markov would of helped this D last year, but to what extent? I don't see him turning last years squad into a cup contender, or anything past a 1st round if they even managed to make the playoffs with Markov last year. Markov on last years team means no JK this year.

This year Markov has slowed down a lot in the KHL, thats against worse NHL competition. He would be better than Alzner, but Alzner only played what 8 games. Benn/Ouellete to be honest might be a toss up but we haven't seen Markov in the NHL for close to 2 years now.

If he would make the team better today it would be slightly better. And TBH I doubt Markov would still be on the team this year. Either he signs 1 year deal or is traded at last years TDL so saying anything about him being here this year is kinda moot.

Huh? why wouldn't Max get us back Tatar and Suzuki when he was coming off a 30 Goal season? That doesn't make any sense.

Because Tatar played for Detroit and Suzki was drafted by Vegas. Vegas paid 1st/2nd/3rd last year for Tatar. So how do we get both players from separate teams last year, when Tatars value was double his value when MB traded for him?

Radulov wasn't coming at the expense of any of those players. The pieces moved for these players had nothing to do with Radulov, you're not making sense. Domi was traded for Galchenyuk, Tatar was traded for Patches. Drouin for Sergachev (I still wouldn't make that trade). So we only wouldn't have Kotka had we kept Radulov and Markov, but we would be a much better team than we are now so it's an acceptable price for me.

Its because its a domino effect. We sign Radu then the team is trying to win. Max probably plays better and if you are going for it well you don't trade your biggest scorer and captain. AG probably plays better as well with Radu there and odds are the team decides not to move him either.

All the changes we saw were because the team sucked last year, if Radu is around and gives this team some life it changes where the team is going, other players stats, and how much those other players are valued by the team and the willingness to trade them.

Since we don't have a way to view this alternate reality I guess we will never know, but I think the circumstances would of changed, which would of changed who and what was traded for.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
edgy said

"Radulov >>> Patches
Tatar >> Patches
Domi > Galchenyuk

and same poster

Saying being closer is not the same as you insinuated. They were also right. Those sentences put the team in between contenders and rebuild or bubble team, not a single one said what you pretended

Reactions: Edgy

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Saying being closer is not the same as you insinuated. They were also right. Those sentences put the team in between contenders and rebuild or bubble team, not a single one said what you pretended

not surprised trying to wiggle your way out of that one.

why would anyone still be crying over Radu and or Markov if they didn't think it would meant the team would be better and closer to contending for a cup. Wanting to sign Radu to make the team worse LOL.

If you wanted those guys back its clearly because you thought the team would be closer to competing for a cup with them then without. So you can stuff that up your strawman hat :)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

You're a piece of work

What's really funny is that deep down you know what you're saying is absolute unadulterated BS,

You said people said we would be contenders.

You post two links that have people say we'd be IN BETWEEN being contenders and bubble team or rebuild.

Are you even capable of basic logic??

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgy

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You're a piece of work

What's really funny is that deep down you know what you're saying is absolute unadulterated BS,

You said people said we would be contenders.

You post two links that have people say we'd be IN BETWEEN being contenders and bubble team or rebuild.

Are you even able of basic logic??
Really not worth your time to feed stealth marketers. Some contrarians here are actually real people and however wrong they sometimes are, are worth debating with because they're real about their opinions. Stealth marketers, though, are a total waste of time, and just like trolls, are best met with a non-response.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You think if he produces in the AHL, it'll increase the likelihood another team takes a shot at him?

Firstly - Alzner is not nor has ever been a point producer, I seriously doubt that's going to change in the AHL

Secondly - Alzner has over 700 NHL games of experience, GM's know what they have with Alzner...the issue is his contract, i'm sure there are a lot of teams that would take Alzner on their teams, but his contract makes that problematic. They'll have to find a team that has a contract they're trying to move, that the Habs may think is a better fit then Alzner is.

I'm not so sure that there is interest in alzner around the league.

I can't point to one thing that he does today, which would be valuable to teams.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
edgy said

"Radulov >>> Patches
Tatar >> Patches
Domi > Galchenyuk

and same poster

So, this poster is saying that if MB had done multiple better moves than he did, the team would be closer to a cup contender.

How does this equate to Markov = cup contender ?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

why would anyone still be crying over Radu and or Markov if they didn't think it would meant the team would be better and closer to contending for a cup. Wanting to sign Radu to make the team worse LOL.

If you wanted those guys back its clearly because you thought the team would be closer to competing for a cup with them then without. So you can stuff that up your strawman hat :)

Adding a better player, any better player, than his current replacement would make this team better, thus technicallt making this team "closer to contention". Its not an appreciation on whether the team is or is not a contender. It's just plain common sense and does not mean adding those players, much less just one, makes the team a contender.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm not so sure that there is interest in alzner around the league.

I can't point to one thing that he does today, which would be valuable to teams.
He's an experienced Dman...there's always a market for those.

But again, unless Habs retain and/or take on another bad contract, it's unlikely he gets moved.

Reactions: jaffy27

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think that this was a good move for MTL IMO. Now, the younger players/prospects can look up to another veteran leader on defense.
Absolutely agree, given the circumstances that might be the best thing to happen to Alzner as well. If it's a coaching career waiting to happen then this is how Joel Bouchard ended his career I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad