Alternate Jersey Idea

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ok so I was looking at the center ice logo this year, and I think an awesome alternate jersey would be if they took the outer blue ring from it and dropped an updated refined liberty head in the middle, a la St. Louis Blues with the Arch.

Instead of Madison Square Garden would put 1926 though

That is all.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Our current alternate's are really nice, which is an accomplishment akin to discovering penicillin, relative to today's NHL. I think having "New York" is perfect for a NYR 3rd.

The liberty head logo, and consequently the jersey, was hideous. It is not coming back.

Yeah I never liked those. Especially the dumb shoulder patches.

Last edited:

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
The liberty head logo, and consequently the jersey, was hideous. It is not coming back.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Loved Lady Liberty but I love the Heritage too much these days. Seriously almost more than the regular ones

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Loved Lady Liberty but I love the Heritage too much these days. Seriously almost more than the regular ones

yes these rule... but i'd be open to one of those jerseys with a ring around it, using the same color from the heritage jerseys...

Hmm, can we have a 4th jersey? :p

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
I think they should do a red jersey with navy blue stripe and white stripe with the liberty logo and the shield on the shoulders. I dreamt this jersey for some reason lol

Dec 13, 2010
I think they should do a red jersey with navy blue stripe and white stripe with the liberty logo and the shield on the shoulders. I dreamt this jersey for some reason lol

Sort of like this color scheme?

Kitchener-Rangers-Tyler-Randell-OHL-Images.jpg

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
for the winter classic they should wear their original 1926 uniform...brown pants, rangers jersey with the white lettering and brown gloves:yo:

Championship*

I love the center ice logo, but way too many teams go in for that circular logo third jersey look. I always wanted to add an American Flag patch to a jersey shoulder kind of like how the flames have the flags of alberta/canada on their shoulders.

Dec 13, 2010
Altough I'm a fan of the Kitchener reds, I feel like it would be similar to how a lot of Sabres fans felt about the new jerseys (aside from just being hideous). Sabres aren't yellow, Rangers aren't red. The Rangers have always worn blue and white, with different shades thrown it along the way. A red jersey would be so far from anything the team has worn in history that I think it would be weird to see.

I like the idea of a jersey with the current shield on it as a third, but the thirds the team wears now are probably my favorite uniform in the history of the franchise. I'd wear that as the regular home jersey, honestly. Maybe in a few years when the 85th jerseys start losing their charm for the average fan they'll go with something involving the shield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad