What if Pither was a good AHLer?

5 points over 3 games thus far.

33697798.jpg

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
The first time I saw this topic, I thought of Reg Pither:

We all need some levity after Saturday night.

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
Based on some (limited) research sounds like Pither has always had offensive ability and skating to spare.

Top 10 - Impact Overagers For 2009-10 (link)
Brock Otten - Oct/4/2009 @ OHLprospects.blogspot.ca

1. Luke Pither - Barrie Colts
Alright, I'm on the Pither train. Sure he's one dimensional. Sure he needs to use his teammates more. Sure he needs to do a better job competing in the corners and in front of the net. But, he's one damn talented offensive player. His skating ability, combined with his offensive instincts and overall skill level, makes him one heck of a player. And while he may not fight for loose pucks as much as he should, when he's got the puck on his stick he's not afraid to go to the net or take a hit. The aforementioned combination of speed and goal scoring ability makes him a threat every time he's on the ice. And for that, he's the most dynamic overage player in the OHL this year.

Are there any Checkers fans about? Or anyone that has seen him play? His stats are great. 4G-5A and +7 in 6GP. Points AND positive +/- in 5 of 6 games. Looks like he's been playing with Nodl/Shugg/Wallace depending on the night. Reasonable size at 6-0 194lbs.

His shooting percentage is unsustainable (36%, 4 goals on 11 shots) but might JR have snuck some value into this trade?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad