Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, we have a manager now. So it's back to patiently waiting for Vlad Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
“Official scorer @Rangers” says it all, really.

It also says "Minor league Alum", which appears to mean he's this guy:

Chuck Johnson Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

A forgettable milb pitcher in the late 70s and early 80s who made it as far as putting up garbage numbers across parts of 3 seasons in AAA.

That's not to say that it's not an incredible accomplishment to make it to AAA and be a pro baseball player in general, but this kind of smacks of "I wasn't good enough to make it, so I'm going to put up hot takey nonsense about a guy who is and pretend that the difference between us was his famous name and not the massive gulf of talent"

Reactions: Forgotusername

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Useless hypothetical as it assumes Tulo would be healthy.

But if by some magic he is healthy, then he plays at SS and Gurriel plays 2nd....because you're transitioning Gurriel shortly regardless, and its not worth the headache.

Probably won't move him in division but he'd seem like a good buy low option.

He's on my list. Along with the other Gray, who would of course cost considerably more.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
But if by some magic he is healthy, then he plays at SS and Gurriel plays 2nd....because you're transitioning Gurriel shortly regardless, and its not worth the headache.

That probably makes the most sense; make sure the young guys get lots of playing time, but give Tulo the chance to prove he's still got something left.

Having said that, if he's really willing to pack his bags and go home and forfeit $38 million... that would have to be at least a little tempting.

Last edited:

selltrade

Sep 20, 2005
Toronto
www.selltradememorabilia.com
Useless hypothetical as it assumes Tulo would be healthy.

He's on my list. Along with the other Gray, who would of course cost considerably more.
DD (SS for Yanks) needs Tommy John Surgery,, a healthy Tulo for Sonny G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->