Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, we have a manager now. So it's back to patiently waiting for Vlad Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I have HOU and MIL in the World Series.

I think MIL takes the entire thing.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I believe I had the Yankees and Indians then Dodgers and Rockies.

So I'm gonna retire from making predictions this playoffs.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Reactions: phillipmike

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Dodgers take out Brewers. 4 games to 2
Astros take out Red Sox. 4 games to 3

Astros take home another World Series. 4 games to 2

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I recommend people listen to a podcast\interview with Jeff Luhnow. There's several available. Its pretty interesting seeing how a Management Consultant, MBA (undergrad in Engineering\Econ) views the game of baseball. It doesn't surprise me that the Astros are so far ahead of the competition, not just in terms of analytics, but in terms of organizational structure.

giphy.gif

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Old news but not sure if it was posted;

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the MLB Players Association has filed a grievance on behalf of Carter Stewart, the Braves’ first-round selection (No. 8 overall) in the 2018 draft. The Braves did not sign Stewart in part because of a physical that gave them cause for concern. MLB set the slot value for No. 8 at $4,980,700 million. In order to qualify for draft pick compensation for failing to sign their first-rounder, the Braves would have had to have offered Stewart 40 percent of slot value, or a minimum of $1,992,280. According to the grievance, they did not.

If the grievance is successful i wonder if we move up a spot if Atlanta doesnt retain their pick at 9.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
ATLANTA -- Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos will wait until early next week to announce his coaching staff for the 2019 season. But he and his top aides spent most of Tuesday meeting with manager Brian Snitker and the coaches who helped the team exceed all expectations on the way to winning the National League East.

"I understand you're never guaranteed tomorrow," Snitker said Tuesday afternoon. "I know I'd like to [come back]. I've enjoyed it. I loved [the players] in there and [the coaches]. I loved being around them. It's been awesome. So, I'd like to do it a few more years."

From the time he assumed his role and began learning the organization last offseason, Anthopoulos has routinely taken a methodical approach to every decision. But the fact he wants to spend this week evaluating the staff indicates there may be a tweak or two to the coaching staff.

But there has been no reason to believe Snitker would be removed from his current role. He's a top NL Manager of the Year Award candidate, and more importantly, his ouster would prove counterproductive within a clubhouse that loves his presence as a leader.

Sounds ominous, i have always been of the opinion that Gibby was walking away to retire or he was walking away because he had something else lined up. Not many jobs available and for Gibby to pretty much walk away when he isnt the most attractive candidate with limited job prospects it didnt make sense. Says he doesnt want to manage a rebuild; so you got to believe that the O's and Reds are out. Unless he expects big seasons from the Angels and/or Twins they dont look much brighter than the Jays.

So it comes down to the Rangers who arent better than the other vacancies but is in Gibby's home state or he has another job lined up with a team on the rise. Well Atlanta is on the rise, after a surprise season AA doesnt want to commit to Snitker right away and Gibby's biggest fan is currently the GM of the Braves. Would AA be so bold to fire Snitker after Atlanta's first successful season since 2013 to bring in Gibbons?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would be surprised if AA does that.

I can see Gibby joining the Braves in some way, shape or form, similar to Shapiro bringing in his former manager Eric Wedge in a different role.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I would be surprised if AA does that.

I can see Gibby joining the Braves in some way, shape or form, similar to Shapiro bringing in his former manager Eric Wedge in a different role.

My thoughts as well.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I hope Gibby goes to Atlanta, good young team and I would love to to see him routinely in the playoffs over in the NL.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Sounds ominous, i have always been of the opinion that Gibby was walking away to retire or he was walking away because he had something else lined up. Not many jobs available and for Gibby to pretty much walk away when he isnt the most attractive candidate with limited job prospects it didnt make sense. Says he doesnt want to manage a rebuild; so you got to believe that the O's and Reds are out. Unless he expects big seasons from the Angels and/or Twins they dont look much brighter than the Jays.

So it comes down to the Rangers who arent better than the other vacancies but is in Gibby's home state or he has another job lined up with a team on the rise. Well Atlanta is on the rise, after a surprise season AA doesnt want to commit to Snitker right away and Gibby's biggest fan is currently the GM of the Braves. Would AA be so bold to fire Snitker after Atlanta's first successful season since 2013 to bring in Gibbons?

Given the way a lot of Jays fans react every time the Jays replace someone they know next to nothing about with someone with vague connections to Cleveland, it would be hilarious to see Anthopoulos fire the manager of a vastly overachieving team and replace him with his own guy from his old team.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I hate the Dodgers, but I would not mind a world series rematch.

The Astros are too damn good, though. The rotation is so filthy that they can have guys like McHugh, McCullers, James, and potentially Morton in the bullpen.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I had the Astros repeating, so I'll stick to it.

Oh, and f*** BOSTON SPORTS

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Blue Jays -- Of course, this wouldn’t be BAPR without a mention of Vladimir Guerrero Jr. The hitting savant racked up three more knocks on Wednesday, bringing his two-day total to 6-for-9 with four doubles. The season isn’t even over yet, and the smart money should be on him taking home the American League’s Rookie of the Year award next year. It is an absolute joy to watch him hit on everyday basis.

So the AFL doesn't seem to be much of a challenge for the homie Vlad.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad