GDT: Alright Suckas, It's hot, it's Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final, it's Knight Time

Will the ice be okay tonight?

• It's always good in T-Mobile and stop complaining.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
I thought that was going in. Alex Tuch had an opportunity. That's just a testament to Holtby. We should be in OT right now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Absolutely deserved to lose that one. No question. I know this isn't a team that loves to prepare based on game tape but if they haven't been already it's time to f***ing start. Washington clearly has. They position themselves in such a way that you just know they know exactly what Vegas is gonna do and they're ready to stop it before it starts. We got outworked, outcoached, and worse the defense beat itself. It took three periods for the Knights to learn they have to cut off the creasefront lane. The series isn't over by any stretch but it will be if they keep playing like that.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Washington seized on their open net opportunities, and that's a big reason why this game went the way that it did.

Their third goal took a bounce off a defenders skate and another defenders elbow and then off the ice and over Fleury's pad. We played poorly but that was a one in one hundred goal to go along with the one in one hundred save. Team was still in it. It sucks but you've got to move forward and be confident you can play better and turn that stuff around.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
And I know Tuch is under pressure on that play but with a wide open net you gotta lift that shit. The puck wasn't rolling. He had time to try to dig at that puck before shooting. He just tried to brute force it forward and that's not gonna give you any lift. If this series starts going sour that missed opportunity is gonna be a key stinging moment.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Getting a feeling Knights can win next three. Bounces went against them tonight but just getting feeling once they get going they are just the bettet team. Road is perfect to get it going.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Tuch just couldn't get any lift on it.

Tuch always does that. Remember how many wide open nets he had at LA that he missed and Quick kept stoning his low shots. He has to just do what Karlsson and Smith do and just keep the stick down and chip it upwards into a wide open net.

I hope the caps keep stinking it up at home. I do want Kuzy to play because if we win with him out, the excuses will fly.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Faceoffs absolutely KILLED us tonight. Give up the Eller goal directly off a lost faceoff and then coming down the stretch in the 3rd they couldn't win any draws. And that 5on3 was terrible. Too reluctant to let it rip all night.

Perron has honestly been so bad the past couple series I'd think about taking him out for Tatar. Top line had a tough time tonight generating speed with the Caps clogging up the neutral zone. Just can't fall behind and allow them to trap it up.

On the bright side the Caps didn't have a goal 5on5 and it took the save of Holtby's life to avoid OT.

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
Their third goal took a bounce off a defenders skate and another defenders elbow and then off the ice and over Fleury's pad. We played poorly but that was a one in one hundred goal to go along with the one in one hundred save. Team was still in it. It sucks but you've got to move forward and be confident you can play better and turn that stuff around.

The truth is that that goal just looked so big. The big thing about this Knights team, and I saw in the Winnipeg series and I saw it Monday night, is they can score and tie it up or add on to/retake the lead almost immediately after getting scored on. Washington badly needed that insurance goal, and the save by Holtby is what everybody will be talking about from now until Game 3.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Well that didn't go the way I drew it up. If the team can't do better than this for the rest of the series, cheers to warshington for being the better team.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Off to Washington all tied up.

GHomer dohCERT.gif

Well, at least there will be a game five in Las Vegas.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
And I know Tuch is under pressure on that play but with a wide open net you gotta lift that ****. The puck wasn't rolling. He had time to try to dig at that puck before shooting. He just tried to brute force it forward and that's not gonna give you any lift. If this series starts going sour that missed opportunity is gonna be a key stinging moment.

I thought so too but the replay showed different. He did lift it a bit. Had he gotten less of it the puck would have gone in under the blade along the ice.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Well, Perron was a give away machine, Miller couldn't make a decision to save his life, Theodore (I know he scored) wasn't good, Fleury has to make better choices - right now, he's guessing too much. What's with Eakin's ice time? It looked like he was on the ice half the game. Time to put Tuch back with Neal and Haula.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Absolutely deserved to lose that one. No question. I know this isn't a team that loves to prepare based on game tape but if they haven't been already it's time to ****ing start. Washington clearly has. They position themselves in such a way that you just know they know exactly what Vegas is gonna do and they're ready to stop it before it starts. We got outworked, outcoached, and worse the defense beat itself. It took three periods for the Knights to learn they have to cut off the creasefront lane. The series isn't over by any stretch but it will be if they keep playing like that.
Ahhh, you mean like after sjs crushed us....

This team will have no problem with confidence.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The truth is that that goal just looked so big. The big thing about this Knights team, and I saw in the Winnipeg series and I saw it Monday night, is they can score and tie it up or add on to/retake the lead almost immediately after getting scored on. Washington badly needed that insurance goal, and the save by Holtby is what everybody will be talking about from now until Game 3.

Oh definitely. I really had a dreadful feeling when that two goal lead opened up. I knew we could tie it but this has been a team that plays most of its games from ties or one goal either way. It was a massive moment for them and probably more than the Holtby save.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Off to Washington all tied up.

View attachment 123101

Well, at least there will be a game five in Las Vegas.

I finally get to sit in my regular seats for game 5 and 7 if it happens. I had my gf downgrade our 2 tickets to the upper corner to save money for the first two games. I was kinda hoping for a game 5, but also hate these prices. We gotta win these next two road games so we can witness the cup ceremony at home.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Tuch always does that. Remember how many wide open nets he had at LA that he missed and Quick kept stoning his low shots. He has to just do what Karlsson and Smith do and just keep the stick down and chip it upwards into a wide open net.

I hope the caps keep stinking it up at home. I do want Kuzy to play because if we win with him out, the excuses will fly.

Honestly hope Kuzy isn't hurt. Hate seeing injuries, especially in the final series.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Honestly hope Kuzy isn't hurt. Hate seeing injuries, especially in the final series.

Did it look bad on tv? I read online that it was a wrist and hand injury. McNabb is the only guy I've seen that can hip check well. He must have learned it from the kings. I know that they love to do that and raise people into the bench.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Did it look bad on tv? I read online that it was a wrist and hand injury. McNabb is the only guy I've seen that can hip check well. He must have learned it from the kings. I know that they love to do that and raise people into the bench.

Looked real bad on TV. The way he was holding it, I'm thinking broken bone. His wrist got curled up weird behind his body and got crushed into the wall on the hit. Not pretty.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Not a bad hit at all. Didn't look vicious either just must have been a weird motion or something. I think Kuznetsov will be back in this series, no matter how much he's hurt

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ahhh, you mean like after sjs crushed us....

This team will have no problem with confidence.
Not yet, no. But this is two games where they're playing like they're intimidated. I don't doubt they can bounce back and find the right mindset but tonight the confidence wasn't there from the beginning.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Not yet, no. But this is two games where they're playing like they're intimidated. I don't doubt they can bounce back and find the right mindset but tonight the confidence wasn't there from the beginning.

I don't feel that they look intimidated. This game the top line failed to get the turnovers which generates to high scoring chances except at the beginning. The bottom line didn't have great puck possession like the first game.

We need to stop taking penalties because the caps PP is lethal and ours is really indecisive with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->