Allowed trading or not in ATD2020? (If yes, in the whole draft or only in one conference?)

Do you want trading for ATD2020, and if yes, in whole draft or only in one conference?

• Yes, I want trading but only in one conference out of two

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Please vote for your favorite option.

(sorry for the typo in title, should have written "Allow" and not "Allowed")

Please indicate in the thread if you want it to be limited or unlimited, I forgot to include it.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I don't like the choices.

It should be: trade or no trade?

Then: Trade with which limitations, number of picks or conference?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I don't like the choices.

It should be: trade or no trade?

Then: Trade with which limitations, number of picks or conference?

Yeah well, if trading is allowed, I'll start another thread to sort out the details. Sorry I shouldve done it before but I can't edit, I don't have the mod power to do it.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
What would everyone think of trading players only and not picks? This would prevent people from using 99% of their clock only to trade their pick at essentially the last minute and then have the new otc team take multiple hours to select. I know there’s no real rush with drafting and that’s what the clock is there for - to use the whole thing if we have to - but I can recall a few times in my first year the draft basically coming to a halt multiple times because people just wanted to trade picks. It gets a bit frustrating for a person who is up in 1 or 2 picks and just wants things to get moving a bit.

So my suggestion is to allow player trading but not picks. I may be alone on that though. And I do get that it would take away some creativity with trades, so some may not like that.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What would everyone think of trading players only and not picks? This would prevent people from using 99% of their clock only to trade their pick at essentially the last minute and then have the new otc team take multiple hours to select. I know there’s no real rush with drafting and that’s what the clock is there for - to use the whole thing if we have to - but I can recall a few times in my first year the draft basically coming to a halt multiple times because people just wanted to trade picks. It gets a bit frustrating for a person who is up in 1 or 2 picks and just wants things to get moving a bit.

So my suggestion is to allow player trading but not picks. I may be alone on that though. And I do get that it would take away some creativity with trades, so some may not like that.

In 10 years of ATD I maybe recall one time where I would have considered trading players without any picks involved, if even that. This is just not a reality on the ground.

Your position is for all matters and purposes "no trading".

The draft will come to a halt regardless of whether there is trading. It always come to an halt in some stretch. I see your point about people using their clock to trade but I believe it's a really overrated problem. It doesn't happen too often.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
In 10 years of ATD I maybe recall one time where I would have considered trading players without any picks involved, if even that. This is just not a reality on the ground.

Your position is for all matters and purposes "no trading".

The draft will come to a halt regardless of whether there is trading. It always come to an halt in some stretch. I see your point about people using their clock to trade but I believe it's a really overrated problem. It doesn't happen too often.

I’m fine with trading being allowed in the whole draft too, I was just giving my thoughts and a suggestion. I’m really down for trying anything at this point to tweak the draft. Last year we did no trading so maybe adding trading this year will be a welcomed addition. Maybe alternating yearly is what this draft needs to help in the “freshness” department.

Speaking of tweaking, I still think we need to change the playoff/voting system. I really liked VI’s Challenge Cup idea. Where we vote for an official winner immediately after the draft and then allow say the top 10 teams to challenge that team in the months following the draft. Either that or I think we need to turn to the HoH community for playoff voting. Too many people disappear after the team building process is completed, especially after their team is eliminated.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I’m fine with trading being allowed in the whole draft too, I was just giving my thoughts and a suggestion. I’m really down for trying anything at this point to tweak the draft. Last year we did no trading so maybe adding trading this year will be a welcomed addition. Maybe alternating yearly is what this draft needs to help in the “freshness” department.

Speaking of tweaking, I still think we need to change the playoff/voting system. I really liked VI’s Challenge Cup idea. Where we vote for an official winner immediately after the draft and then allow say the top 10 teams to challenge that team in the months following the draft. Either that or I think we need to turn to the HoH community for playoff voting. Too many people disappear after the team building process is completed, especially after their team is eliminated.

I like the Challenge Cup idea too. We can discuss that officially once we have the drafting-format settled.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm rather ambivalent. I'm still new enough that the format isn't repetitive for me.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'd rather have 1 team per manager.
I'd rather not run two teams no matter what the rules will be.

One should have the OPTION of managing ONE or TWO teams.

Agreed, sure. Nothing is forced. If you only want one team, just manage one.

If this unbalances conferences, it can only unbalance them by 1 team so no big deal.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I change my vote to no trades.

Having two teams is a new dynamic and more than a handful to deal with and will take more time to deliberate and make wise choices. Trading would just make it a hectic chaos of rash decisions.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I change my vote to no trades.

Having two teams is a new dynamic and more than a handful to deal with and will take more time to deliberate and make wise choices. Trading would just make it a hectic chaos of rash decisions.

Yeah, to be honest I'll keep my vote to yes, but I don't care either way. Two teams is already exciting as it is. I expect it's gonna be my job to edit the OP and trades are a drag for this anyway lol.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The draft order should be spaced out to randomize only the first pick (+50%... so, if 36 teams, then +18.. so if your randomized first team draft position is 5th, then second team's position would be 23rd.)

This way, we totally avoid the picking 7th and 9th, where one picks then waits and then goes to bed because 8th isn't there. Also, it is hard to submit lists when we are on pick 109 and you have 113rd and 115th. Thinking contingently for one team and submitting a list is hard enough, but for two teams with different needs andndynamics in terms of choices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad