All-X2 Draft Sign Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
A question about coaches, I'm assuming we can choose them with any pick?

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
GB said:
A question about coaches, I'm assuming we can choose them with any pick?

Well if you want Scotty Bowman, I'd advise you to not wait until the last round, but whenever you feel they're worth picking. Much like goalies I'd expect a rush when they start going. Should be interesting to see when that is.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
BM67 said:
It's 21 rounds to select 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, 2 goalies and a coach. If you want one or more of those players to be an enforcer that's your call.
There should be 2 or 3 spare players IMO just to make it an official sized roster. Makes people a bit more creative with the late picks too.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Maxwell Edison said:
There should be 2 or 3 spare players IMO just to make it an official sized roster. Makes people a bit more creative with the late picks too.

With the last draft this was also mentioned, and there were more votes against than for. Add in the factor that the longer the draft goes, the more likely we are to have dropouts, and it might not be that great an idea.

That said, I don't have a problem with it. I'd let a majority vote rule on it, or I can be bribed. :naughty:

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
BM67 said:
With the last draft this was also mentioned, and there were more votes against than for. Add in the factor that the longer the draft goes, the more likely we are to have dropouts, and it might not be that great an idea.

That said, I don't have a problem with it. I'd let a majority vote rule on it, or I can be bribed. :naughty:

I don't think two rounds has much of an effect, I think people taking 2 years to draft was the main problem. But to each their own. I think we should.

KariyaIsGod*

THe Winnipeg Jets select truly one of the all-time greats, Valeri Kharlamov. Hopefully he can use those incredible Russian passing skills to feed Mike a few times.

monkey_00*

Spitfire11 said:
Detroit selects the best player in the game today, centre Peter Forsberg.

Spitfire11............

Great pick...........Forsberg was going to be my next selection..........I'll be back in a few minutes with my next two selections.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

monkey_00*

First of all I would like to thank the Buffalo Sabres for packing up their bags and moving their team to Hamilton Ontario.........It's nice to have the Hamilton Tigers back in the NHL once more..........

Hamilton Tigers are proud to select with their 3rd-pick........one of the greatest Goalies of alltime who lead the Montreal Canadiens to 6-Stanley Cups...was playoff MVP in 1971 his rookie season.....winner of 5-Vezinas and a career GAA of 2.24.........from my hometown of Hamilton Ontario:

KEN DRYDEN

Last edited by a moderator:

monkey_00*

The Hamilton Tigers with their 4th pick are proud to select 2-time Stanley Cup Champion....playoff MVP in 1995-96......8-Allstar game appearances........the captain of the Nordiques/Avalanche for the past decade or so.......from Burnaby B.C. Canada......# 19.....Centre:

JOE SAKIC

Last edited by a moderator:

monkey_00*

Hamilton Tigers
Arena: Copps Coliseum

G- Ken Dryden (5-Vezinas, 6-Stanleys, 1-Conn Smythe, 1-Calder)
G-

D- Larry Robinson (2-Norris, 6-Stanley Cups (as player), 1-Conn Smythe)
D-
D-
D-
D-
D-

F- Joe Sakic (1-Hart, 2-Stanley Cups, 1-Conn Smythe, 1-Allstar MVP)
F- Joe "the Phantom" Malone (2-Harts, 44-gs in 20-gms in 1917-18)
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-

Status
Not open for further replies.