All-Time Wrestling Draft: 2021

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Question for you guys... this year I posted the finishing of every match I have. Do you prefer to read who won the match and how they did it or do you prefer to leave it up to your imagination?
I have no preference. It it's good, it's good.
This is the first year I haven't posted the results of my matches.

Reactions: Habsrule

theedge9

May 21, 2018
Question for you guys... this year I posted the finishing of every match I have. Do you prefer to read who won the match and how they did it or do you prefer to leave it up to your imagination?

Everyone is different.

I personally like the cards that are like mine, short scene setting but enough info to set the scene, but also leave it to your imagination.

I dont like to see the winner.

Reactions: Habsrule

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I have no preference. It it's good, it's good.
This is the first year I haven't posted the results of my matches.

I personally only look at the actual card. I don't read the build or match details that some people write. I want to judge based on the card, not your writing skills.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

I always read it but it doesn't sway me. Where I'm coming from with this is that I will of course consider the matches and I will consider the build or background if someone posts it and that helps me decide which show I would rather see. You generally don't decide which show you'd rather see when you already know all the results. Graphics and videos also don't impact my decision.

I do get some enjoyment out of reading how the matches go sometimes, just as a fan who enjoys reading something good or creative. Something really bad can also bring the enjoyment but I try not to vote against someone for bad match results.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ

I like it if its funny or new. Its not such a big deal for me tho.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I give match results because in some of my matchesI have some swerves, he’ll turns or just “special” moments/reveals like Hangman Page coming to the rescue of The Dark Order. That said I’ve always been torn on the topic because the audience may have other ideas, so that’s why I use spoilers.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Round 3 is up folks.

Big thank you to @GKJ and @les Habs for participating. Two draft veterans that I hope return again.

Quick note, due to Habsrule and Megahab tying, they have both been pushed through to create one triple threat, which happened last year as well with me and GKJ. You vote for the single card you want to see. Only the top vote getter will be pushed through.

Reactions: Kaner9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thanks to those who voted and also @KingHollywood for running the show again this year. I’m not naive, I figured a Megumi Kudo vs. Sasha Banks deathmatch main event might not catch, and I’m curious how many people know who Kudo even is, my friend who I collab with thought I was insane when I brought up the idea but I know some who liked it enough or liked its execution as a main event, and quite frankly that’s the best compliment I could get on my card this year. I didn’t come into the draft dead set on doing that or even as a main event but it was a big idea and even if that was questionable, I felt I had to properly service that idea creatively or I would be thinking about it for a year and this seemed like the time especially with Sasha doing a WM main this year and a deathmatch having been done at Revolution. Everyone’s in tough matchups every year, and we say it every year but this was the first time I went feet first with just how to put my card out as opposed to what I thought the best path to win is, but I also have to resolve it to myself what to do next.

Reactions: Kaner9 and theedge9

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm out based on the vote, but I'm not out entirely as I'll be voting and interacting still. I've participated in how many soccer drafts over the years, and I can't turn one down, but nothing beats the rasslin' draft! I absolutely love this and the best part is seeing your finished card. Even if you can't get a match you wanted because the picks didn't go as expected, it's still a fun process and really allows you to be creative. That's why I appreciate everyone else's cards too even if I don't connect with parts of them. And while I don't like losing, it's really all about putting together a card that speaks to me. Also though, it's about learning. I've learned about new wrestlers since participating in these drafts while also appreciating guys I didn't really give the time of day to in the past. Looking forward to this round and the final and now that I'm out may the best jabroni win.

Reactions: Kaner9 and theedge9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I obviously loved your closer @GKJ

As for you @JackSlater , you country bumpkin, english flunkin, plump chick funkin jabroni...good match <3

You had me at "plump chick funkin"

a83be1c7aa23db32f7fa2be2a6ff800ff6162c7a_hq.gif

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Cannot find Great Texan on E-Bay but I just ordered the cheapest copy of Texas Bronco that I could find.

It's a shame that Funk retired so young but you just have to love the man's music. I do believe that he finally hit his artistic peak when he collaborated with noted lyricist Jimmy Hart.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
It's a shame that Funk retired so young but you just have to love the man's music. I do believe that he finally hit his artistic peak when he collaborated with noted lyricist Jimmy Hart.
The record company held Jimmy back when he was in The Gentry's. They could have been slaying the charts with "We Hate School" and "Sexy Boy" but, no, The Man wanted nothing but covers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad