All time worst records in the OHL?

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Re: 1995-96 London 3-60-3

Does anyone know who the 3 victims were? Wins 2 and 3 were KIT and WSR, New Year’s Day and about 2 months later. But the first one resonates with me. About mid-Nov. when the London winless streak was really becoming a thing, North Bay fans were witnessing a fairly pathetic team as well, one which was on the way to a 35 point season.

At that time I had a look ahead at the upcoming schedule and noted the following 3 factors which prompted me to contact a good friend of mine and predict the first win of the Knights’ season vs. NB:
1) North Bay Centennials had a poor team; and
2) They played the last game before the Christmas break on the road in London; and
3) This game was the 3rd in 3, all on the road.

Result LDN 5 NB 3 with Centennials leading 3-2 after 2. As someone once said "you can look it up". Sportsnet ran an article 5/6 years ago on the London season.

The Longest Season: The London Knights - Sportsnet.ca

Attachments

• The Longest Season_ The London Knights - Sportsnet.ca.pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 4

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Don't forget Marc Laforge...Laforge attacked eight different Platers while they were involved in other fights, and he was also accused of driving Plater goaltender Andy Helmuth's head into the ice. Laforge was given a two-year suspension from the league (the equivalent of a lifetime ban for a 19-year-old in a league with an age limit of 21) for his actions, ending his career as a junior player.[

Haha that was a few years before my time (I started in the early 90s).

Reactions: BigBuck

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ah memories. Weren’t they actually called the Dukes of Hamilton?

Believe so, previous the Toronto Marlboroughs, who played at Maple Leaf Gardens. Back in 88? I spent 7 dollars to go see a game there and there was maybe a 100 people there. I had a personal usher who kept a eye on me, no feet up, no wandering around the arena to check it out. I have seen Old Timer games with more atmosphere, waste of 3 hrs, trandit fare and a ticket. All I really went for was to roam the Gardens. :skeptic:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Believe so, previous the Toronto Marlboroughs, who played at Maple Leaf Gardens. Back in 88? I spent 7 dollars to go see a game there and there was maybe a 100 people there. I had a personal usher who kept a eye on me, no feet up, no wandering around the arena to check it out. I have seen Old Timer games with more atmosphere, waste of 3 hrs, trandit fare and a ticket. All I really went for was to roam the Gardens. :skeptic:
I was there in '98 or '99 during the day to make sure I knew how to get there later that night for a Leafs-Hawks game. It was open and people were everywhere. I freaked out thinking my girlfriend didn't point out she had bought me tickets for a matinee game. Which were back at the Royal York. I walked in, asked an usher and he was like "No, it's a Majors OHL game. Go on up and sit where you want. Enjoy!" Super cool guy. Didn't even pay for a ticket. It was early into a Majors-Bulls game. I've been to some cool arenas and some big time games, but two games in one day at MLG with the HOF in between is right near the top of the list.

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Don't forget Marc Laforge...Laforge attacked eight different Platers while they were involved in other fights, and he was also accused of driving Plater goaltender Andy Helmuth's head into the ice. Laforge was given a two-year suspension from the league (the equivalent of a lifetime ban for a 19-year-old in a league with an age limit of 21) for his actions, ending his career as a junior player.[

Marc Laforge was regarded as the toughest player in the OHL when he played in Kingston. That was until he met Tie Domi. Tie got into a fight with him early in the 1986-1987 season and won that fight and was considered from then on in, as the OHL heavy weight.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I was there in '98 or '99 during the day to make sure I knew how to get there later that night for a Leafs-Hawks game. It was open and people were everywhere. I freaked out thinking my girlfriend didn't point out she had bought me tickets for a matinee game. Which were back at the Royal York. I walked in, asked an usher and he was like "No, it's a Majors OHL game. Go on up and sit where you want. Enjoy!" Super cool guy. Didn't even pay for a ticket. It was early into a Majors-Bulls game. I've been to some cool arenas and some big time games, but two games in one day at MLG with the HOF in between is right near the top of the list.

Yeah, I should have went years later, it was during the Ballard years when I went. Long time scrooge owner of the Leafs and Marlies.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
Marc Laforge was regarded as the toughest player in the OHL when he played in Kingston. That was until he met Tie Domi. Tie got into a fight with him early in the 1986-1987 season and won that fight and was considered from then on in, as the OHL heavy weight.

Laforge may have been considered tough but he was more crazy.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Heard that was fairly common at the Gardens, back in those days. :help: :sarcasm:

Lucky enough to have an uncle with season tickets, I went to my share of games over the years. Perhaps my most vivid memory of the Gardens, though, is seeing Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan during a WWF event. Still got the polaroids somewhere around my parents' place. :laugh:

Reactions: Tarantula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad