All-Time Rosters (PS3 + 360)

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I've been working on a roster set that is going to include a lot of all-time players (and I do mean A LOT). Each NHL team will have its own all-time team (no NHL player duplicates), and there will also be major national all-time teams. My goal is to create a great amount of historic players in one roster file so that I can play through a season mode or GM mode with a fantasy draft, which would function as an all-time draft. I think this would be really cool to play with, and based on the season mode that I've already begun with the roster as it stands right now, I find it very entertaining. If you have any questions about the file, or if you are interested in downloading it, please post below!

Also, I don't currently have an ETA. I sorta have a place where I figure I will stop, but I don't know how long it will be until I reach that spot.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Since this is such a massive undertaking, I'm setting the preliminary release date for June 1. I plan on editing this roster from now until May 1 on NHL View, then transferring the roster over to my PS3 to complete the final edits. I'll release more details about the scope of this project when I get closer to completion. If I'm able to include all of the edits I'm aiming for, I'm fairly confident that this roster file will be unprecedented in several ways. Here's hoping I'll have enough time to do that.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
On occasion, I'll post a few in-game pics so you can see what the game looks like with these rosters.

103bs5x.jpg

Spezza, Heatley, and Hossa

28i2ec1.jpg

Jean Beliveau stickhandles against Boston

2qx9d3p.jpg

Dino Ciccarelli and Michel Goulet prepare for puck drop

wuqxbm.jpg

Jaroslav Pouzar finds Jaromir Jagr, who prepares to send one past Vladislav Tretiak

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
Bh,

great thread. i am still playing NHL 13, i love it and i too have created many legends players, and many great teams of my childhood. it's so fun to put them in a game vs today's teams, or have a 77 habs play 84 oilers.. so great.. i have created close to 200 players, but it won't let me create any more cause i think there's a max. not sure. i think the max is 165 players.

I want to get nhl 16, but do you know if there's a max of created players, or is it ulimited? and pls tell me Bh, how did you get Beliveau look like beliveau and how is he not wearing a helmet? can you do this now in NHL 16, cause if that's a new option, i am going to buy the game right now.

thanks

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Bh,

great thread. i am still playing NHL 13, i love it and i too have created many legends players, and many great teams of my childhood. it's so fun to put them in a game vs today's teams, or have a 77 habs play 84 oilers.. so great.. i have created close to 200 players, but it won't let me create any more cause i think there's a max. not sure. i think the max is 165 players.

I want to get nhl 16, but do you know if there's a max of created players, or is it ulimited? and pls tell me Bh, how did you get Beliveau look like beliveau and how is he not wearing a helmet? can you do this now in NHL 16, cause if that's a new option, i am going to buy the game right now.

thanks
Thanks for the support! I'm only able to create so many players by using a program called NHL View. That program only works on PS3 and 360 NHL games. I'm pretty sure there's a player limit in NHL 16 as well. As for Beliveau and other old players, I can edit out their helmets using the EA DB Editor (also only works for PS3 and 360). We still have a ways to go before edits like the ones I just mentioned can be brought to PS4 or Xbox One, unfortunately.

James Gryphon

May 12, 2014
Texas
I wanted to drop a post in to let you know that I'm enthused about this idea. People always talk about historical roster projects, but not too many people follow through with them. I hope you can put in the work to get this one done. (I'd love to do something big like this myself, but I don't have as much spare time as I used to, and my patience for sitting down and making all these changes isn't as great as it used to be. I have a feeling that the '99 Stars team I made for myself is going to be pretty lonely for a while, and the next time I do crack it open, it'll probably just be to make some Sabres for them to play against.)

Anyway, if you ever want a playtester, just drop me a PM; I'd love to see a mod like this in action.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I wanted to drop a post in to let you know that I'm enthused about this idea. People always talk about historical roster projects, but not too many people follow through with them. I hope you can put in the work to get this one done. (I'd love to do something big like this myself, but I don't have as much spare time as I used to, and my patience for sitting down and making all these changes isn't as great as it used to be. I have a feeling that the '99 Stars team I made for myself is going to be pretty lonely for a while, and the next time I do crack it open, it'll probably just be to make some Sabres for them to play against.)

Anyway, if you ever want a playtester, just drop me a PM; I'd love to see a mod like this in action.
I'll send you a PM with details. Thanks for the support!

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Bad news

I loaded the roster onto my PS3 today as I typically do (although infrequently; the last time I did was in late February), and it copied just as I would expect it to. However, when loading the game, I received a message that read "ALLTIMENODUPS appears to be damaged and cannot be used." I'm currently searching for a solution to this issue. In the meantime, I'm posting the file here so you guys can give it a go and see if you can open it. This would be an incredibly HUGE help if you could get it to work and share how you did it. I'm contacting the developer of NHL View to see if he could shed some light on this issue. I'll try to stay positive and get this project back on track.

James Gryphon

May 12, 2014
Texas
I'd like to give it a try, but now that I need a flash drive I can't find one... :rolleyes: Funny how that always seems to work out.

I'm going to look around the house for one, though. Hopefully if when I get it I can help resolve this.

I did take a peek at the roster in NHLView to see what things look like. I have a few questions; I'll ask about them privately when I have some spare time.

Last edited:

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
The project is back from the dead! I found a backup file and have since edited that file to become more complete than the corrupt file I previously posted. I'm now at around 2000 players edited, with plenty more on the way! Also, I forgot to post the specifics for this roster file, so I'll list those below.

This project will include:

Every NHL skater to have played in at least 200 career games

Every NHL goalie to have played in 50 games

International stars from throughout hockey history

Stars from the pre-NHL era of hockey

Current stars who have yet to play in 200 NHL games

All-Time NHL Teams

All-Time National Teams

All-Time Major Junior Teams

All-Time NCAA Teams

additionally, I am looking at creating a separate roster file that sets every player's age to 27 (the age where players stop progressing in this game) so that you can play season mode/GM mode with accurate trade values.

One of my favorite things to do with this roster set is start a season mode save and begin with a fantasy draft. Essentially, it becomes an all-time draft that features every player from the above categories. Really neat being able to pick from the greats in hockey history, and forming your roster as you see fit (You want Jean Beliveau as your #1 C? You want Stu Grimson as your Enforcer? You want Bob Gainey as your top penalty killer? You can draft 'em!).

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Hey Just wondering if the release is still set for approximately June 1st. I know that your file had gone corrupt and don't know if that was a huge setback or not. Really excited for this roster and can't wait to play it!! :)

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Hey Just wondering if the release is still set for approximately June 1st. I know that your file had gone corrupt and don't know if that was a huge setback or not. Really excited for this roster and can't wait to play it!! :)

Unfortunately, losing that much work and having to re-create those players means the file will surely not be ready by June 1. However, I am working on it practically every day, so progress is being made!

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
First Release

I've decided that now would be an appropriate time to release what I have so far with these rosters. Initially, I didn't want to release the roster until I had completely covered all of the different areas I had mentioned were going to be included in the first release, but after discovering that my time from now until May of next year will be very busy, I've decided to give you patient people what I've devoted so much time toward. Let me try to describe what all is included with this release:

Nearly 2800 players from throughout hockey history
Complete NHL All-Time Teams
Most AHL affiliates filled with their parent team's extra all-time players*
Complete Major National Teams
CHL All-Time Teams are still a work in progress**

* = some teams, such as Springfield and Iowa, are filled with international stars who did not play in the NHL
** = CHL All-Time Teams with at least 20 players on their roster: Erie, Guelph, Kitchener, London, Oshawa, Ottawa, Peterborough, Saginaw, Sarnia, Sudbury, Baie-Comeau, Rouyn-Noranda, Medicine Hat, Portland, Prince George, Regina, Saskatoon. I'd advise against playing with/against any teams with less than 20 players on their roster, as the game may freeze.

Now for some of this release's shortcomings:
1) Goalie ratings are out of whack, some goalies way overrated, some way underrated.
2) Equipment edits really haven't been implemented.
3) I haven't started on the college all-time alumni teams.
4) Some created players may have blue equipment (I will fix this when I get to the equipment edits)
5) Haven't really focused on getting accurate faces for players, just accurate skin tones (will work on that after equipment edits)

Right now I'm in the process of including every NHL skater to have played in 200 career games and every NHL goalie to have played in 50 career games. I'm going through these lists alphabetically and am currently working on the top half of the K list.

I ask that you don't try to edit away at this roster for the sake of reposting it and saving me time, since I have a very specific system for evaluating players and choosing their ratings (that helps with ratings being consistent across the board for all players). With that said, if you want to create a separate roster project based on this roster, feel free to go ahead, just please post that your project was based off of this roster. I hope you guys have fun with this roster in its limited form, and I will try to find spare time to work on it when I can.

The most helpful thing you all can do for me at this point is download this roster, play around with it, and provide me with some constructive criticism. Tell me how this roster can be improved so that I can create a better product for all of you. With that said, enjoy the first major release of 2016 for this all-time roster set! If I might suggest something, I've found that the most fun I had with this roster set was in Season Mode when I started with a fantasy draft. Having a fantasy draft that includes all of the greats from throughout hockey history is very neat and nostalgic.

I'm also including a player tracker so that you can easily sort through players and find where they are in this roster. Note that players in the C-E last name range with their names in orange font were overwritten/lost and will need to be re-created later on.

Finally, I want to thank tbayjordan for creating the initial roster that I based this off of. I got the idea to create my own all-time roster after downloading his, which made NHL 14 a great deal more fun for me. Big thanks to tbayjordan for his efforts and for inspiring me to expand on his own vision.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gy9pr9uns9eb1xt/AABooMDoxPJKuRp0Iemh-Xj-a?dl=0

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
First Release

I've decided that now would be an appropriate time to release what I have so far with these rosters. Initially, I didn't want to release the roster until I had completely covered all of the different areas I had mentioned were going to be included in the first release, but after discovering that my time from now until May of next year will be very busy, I've decided to give you patient people what I've devoted so much time toward. Let me try to describe what all is included with this release:

Nearly 2800 players from throughout hockey history
Complete NHL All-Time Teams
Most AHL affiliates filled with their parent team's extra all-time players*
Complete Major National Teams
CHL All-Time Teams are still a work in progress**

* = some teams, such as Springfield and Iowa, are filled with international stars who did not play in the NHL
** = CHL All-Time Teams with at least 20 players on their roster: Erie, Guelph, Kitchener, London, Oshawa, Ottawa, Peterborough, Saginaw, Sarnia, Sudbury, Baie-Comeau, Rouyn-Noranda, Medicine Hat, Portland, Prince George, Regina, Saskatoon. I'd advise against playing with/against any teams with less than 20 players on their roster, as the game may freeze.

Now for some of this release's shortcomings:
1) Goalie ratings are out of whack, some goalies way overrated, some way underrated.
2) Equipment edits really haven't been implemented.
3) I haven't started on the college all-time alumni teams.
4) Some created players may have blue equipment (I will fix this when I get to the equipment edits)
5) Haven't really focused on getting accurate faces for players, just accurate skin tones (will work on that after equipment edits)

Right now I'm in the process of including every NHL skater to have played in 200 career games and every NHL goalie to have played in 50 career games. I'm going through these lists alphabetically and am currently working on the top half of the K list.

I ask that you don't try to edit away at this roster for the sake of reposting it and saving me time, since I have a very specific system for evaluating players and choosing their ratings (that helps with ratings being consistent across the board for all players). With that said, if you want to create a separate roster project based on this roster, feel free to go ahead, just please post that your project was based off of this roster. I hope you guys have fun with this roster in its limited form, and I will try to find spare time to work on it when I can.

The most helpful thing you all can do for me at this point is download this roster, play around with it, and provide me with some constructive criticism. Tell me how this roster can be improved so that I can create a better product for all of you. With that said, enjoy the first major release of 2016 for this all-time roster set! If I might suggest something, I've found that the most fun I had with this roster set was in Season Mode when I started with a fantasy draft. Having a fantasy draft that includes all of the greats from throughout hockey history is very neat and nostalgic.

I'm also including a player tracker so that you can easily sort through players and find where they are in this roster. Note that players in the C-E last name range with their names in orange font were overwritten/lost and will need to be re-created later on.

Finally, I want to thank tbayjordan for creating the initial roster that I based this off of. I got the idea to create my own all-time roster after downloading his, which made NHL 14 a great deal more fun for me. Big thanks to tbayjordan for his efforts and for inspiring me to expand on his own vision.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gy9pr9uns9eb1xt/AABooMDoxPJKuRp0Iemh-Xj-a?dl=0

Are you going to make updates for the 2017 NHL season or ?

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Update: the roster file now includes over 3200 players from throughout hockey history! It is being continually updated. My plan is to post a spreadsheet with a list of the players included (if there is enough interest). That will allow you to see who all is in the roster and tell me which players, if any, you think need to be added.

Chederer

Mar 27, 2017
Timmins
Hey, sorry about the bump, these look absolutely unreal, amazing job man.

Quick question, I only see the "first release" post, does that contain all the new updates? Also, downloaded that first release, and it appears to only be the PS version? Can't find the Xbox version.

Cheers, any help would be greatly appreciated, these look really great!

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Here's an updated roster file, now with 3,778 historical players (including Brett Callighen and Blair MacDonald as requested)! Lines have been fixed for all teams, including the DEL custom teams (Soviet all-decade teams, pre-1900s team, WHA team, etc.), so they are now playable once you load the rosters. Please provide feedback if you download and play with these (I love to hear from those who use these rosters), and if there are any players you want included, just post them!

Here's what is included in this roster file:

All-Time NHL Teams (each with 40 players)
All-Time NHL B Teams (found in the AHL)
All-Time National Teams
All-Time KHL Team
(Augsburger Panther)
All-Decade Soviet Teams (found in DEL - pre-1960s, 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s)
Pre-1900s Team (Iserlohn Roosters)
Early 1900s Team (Kolner Haie)
All-WHA Team (Krefeld Pinguine)
All-Time CHL Teams
All-Time College Teams
(North Dakota, Minnesota, Boston University, Boston College, Michigan, and Wisconsin so far - all under User Custom)
All-Time Province Teams (only have Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan so far)

This is for NHL 14 (Ps3). It can be converted to 360, but I will need someone to do that who knows how to.
Link to the zip file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V1E...ew?usp=sharing

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Here's an October updated file, now with 4,150 HISTORICAL PLAYERSfrom Antti Aalto to Andrei Zyuzin!

Every NHL skater who has played in 200 career games is now in the file, along with every NHL goalie to have played in 50 career games. Also now featuring a 2018 NHL Draft Team as well as 2018 NHL rookies.

Link for the zipped file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yNC...ew?usp=sharing

Here is a player tracker (listed alphabetically by last name) for all who have been included in the file. This should allow for a quick check for you to see who is in the roster. Please check this, and if you find any players that are not included but would like them to be, comment their name and I will include them in the next update!

Player Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

*players highlighted in orange are not included in the roster or the 4,150 player count.

Reactions: Jersey47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad