All Time Ottawa Senators Stanley Cup "Guarantee" Team

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I have made my all time Senators Stanley Cup "Guarantee" Team. The challenge is to see if you can match this team or build an even better Stanley Cup "Guarantee" team........obviously no one can guarantee a Stanley Cup on paper and that's why I put guarantee inside the quotation marks.
These players all played games for the Senators.
I picked them as though they were playing at their peak. By that I mean maybe they were not at their peak when they actually played for the Senators so these players that are on my team and will be on your team will playing at their peak. For example 90 point Stutzle from last year.
Also the assumption is that all the players I picked were healthy..... so picture a healthy Dominek Hasek, Mark Stone etc...
Also Salary cap does not enter into your selections.
My fourth line is not uber talented, but if any team tried to mess with our talented players they would have to answer to our 4th line bruisers. YOU don't have to make your 4th line like mine. You might want more energy players or a mix of tough guys.
I tried to make my team mostly from memory but I did google some information.

Hossa Spezza Alfredsson
Tkachuk Stutzle Heatley
Fisher Yashin Stone
Vial McGrattan Neil

Gonchar Karlsson
Chara Redden
Volchenkov Philips

Hasek
Anderson

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Heatley Spezza Alfie
Hossa Yashin Stone
Tkachuks Stu Giroux
Fisher Turris Neil

Meth Karlsson
Chara Redden
Volchenkov Phillips

Hasek
Anderson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I have made my all time Senators Stanley Cup "Guarantee" Team. The challenge is to see if you can match this team or build an even better Stanley Cup "Guarantee" team........obviously no one can guarantee a Stanley Cup on paper and that's why I put guarantee inside the quotation marks.
These players all played games for the Senators.
I picked them as though they were playing at their peak. By that I mean maybe they were not at their peak when they actually played for the Senators so these players that are on my team and will be on your team will playing at their peak. For example 90 point Stutzle from last year.
Also the assumption is that all the players I picked were healthy..... so picture a healthy Dominek Hasek, Mark Stone etc...
Also Salary cap does not enter into your selections.
My fourth line is not uber talented, but if any team tried to mess with our talented players they would have to answer to our 4th line bruisers. YOU don't have to make your 4th line like mine. You might want more energy players or a mix of tough guys.
I tried to make my team mostly from memory but I did google some information.

Hossa Spezza Alfredsson
Tkachuk Stutzle Heatley
Fisher Yashin Stone
Vial McGrattan Neil

Gonchar Karlsson
Chara Redden
Volchenkov Philips

Hasek
Anderson
I'd be awfully tempted to put Sanderson in Volchenkov's.

I don't know about that fourth line, kind of need a center...

I assume by peak, you mean peak as a sen? So, Hasek isn't Buffalo sabres Hasek with 6 out of 8 vezina's and Gonchar isn't the Washington version,

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I'd be awfully tempted to put Sanderson in Volchenkov's.

I don't know about that fourth line, kind of need a center...

I assume by peak, you mean peak as a sen? So, Hasek isn't Buffalo sabres Hasek with 6 out of 8 vezina's and Gonchar isn't the Washington version,
No I mean peak as a player, not as a Senator player. In other words peak of their careers. So it is the Washington Gonchar and the Buffalo Hasek.

What would your roster be? There is no right or wrong answer.

Some people might like 17 of my 20 roster suggestions.
Some people might like 10 of my 20 roster suggestions.

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Tkachuk Spezza Alfie
Hossa Yashin Stone
Havlat Stutzle Giroux
Fisher Pageau Neil

Meth Karlsson
Chara Kuba
Volchenkov Gonchar

Hasek