All-time NEXT-BEST... draft sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Leaf Lander said:
who are these people?
I have invited some committed G.M.s from other mock NHL drafts to join us, guys who have proven they show up! And two guys just showed up and will be welcomed if there's extra room.

We will have a 12-hour clock.

To ensure that we have a nicer flow than even the pretty good flow to previous all-time drafts, we will add an extra feature.

Below I will add an option for us to vote on.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
Vote for (1) or (2).

(1) If one misses one's 12-hour window then we will simply go on to the next drafter and the pick will be made up whenever possible. But, if one misses a window, then one's picks in future rounds will be reduced to a 6-hour window and indicated by a ("6") next to one's name.

or

(2) Everyone get an assistant-G.M.. Before the draft starts everybody buddy up and get another G.M. in this draft to pick if one is unavailable. If an assistant-G.M. isn't chosen, one would be assigned, and remain in the position for the entire draft. The assistant-G.M. would have both:
(a) the conditional right to pick for one's team during one's 12-hour window (one could authorize them to by P.M. indicating a short list of who you'd want - if they don't pick that guy for you while you are away then you may veto the pick before an entire round has passed)
and
(b) the absolute power to pick for one's team after the 12-hour window (no veto possible). There is no extra window time. The assistant-G.M. could simply make-up the pick a.s.a.p. after the window finishes.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
12# Peter Bondra said:
Ill vote 1. Imagine the chaos in this thread if we had 20 GM's and 20 ass. GM's.
Chaos? Quite the opposite! The rules would be quite simple and straightforward.

To clarify option 2: The assistant-G.M. would only come into play

(a) if you know you can't make your window and simply write a quick PM to get him to pick for you. Some of us may not be able to make a 12-hour window once or twice, due to a trip or long day away from one's computer, etc. We will NOT be having guys picking BEFORE their window. (Imagine if someone picked the guy you really want right before you when it's not even their turn!)
and
(b) if you miss your 12-hour window. Then he'd simply pick for you and the draft moves on without a hole. That way, if an emergency happens in one's life, or one suddenly dashes off for a romantic weekend on a whim. one doesn't have to worry: we won't be pissed off because you are covered automatically!!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
12# Peter Bondra said:
But If I couldnt make it, Id porbably just PM you to pick for me instead of having to find an ass. GM.
We all would have an assistant-G.M. BEFORE the draft starts, so you wouldn't have to find anybody! That's the beauty of the option: simply PM the guy and say "yeah, draft this guy or that guy for me" without having to ask, they are already committed to taking on the task.

But if you disappear for three days with no notice due to computer problems, family illness, whatever,... you are covered!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
I'd like to welcome a G.M. who skipped the all-time #3 draft but who was in a previous all-time draft, and who just PM'd me to accept the invite to join:

GB. :handclap: He'll manage the Durham Hornets

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
VanIslander said:
We all would have an assistant-G.M. BEFORE the draft starts, so you wouldn't have to find anybody! That's the beauty of the option: simply PM the guy and say "yeah, draft this guy or that guy for me" without having to ask, they are already committed to taking on the task.

But if you disappear for three days with no notice due to computer problems, family illness, whatever,... you are covered!
I wont really be like :( if the 2nd option goes through, I just like the 1st one more.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
I'm voting for option 1 here. I think if you want an assistant (or joint) GM you should be allowed one, but I don't think you need one.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
How about you can name a AGM, but if you miss a window, you must either pick one or have one assigned for you. The AGM would become active on PM or after 6 hours of a window. An AGM pick could be vetoed before the 12hr window closes, but after that it can not be.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
BM67 said:
How about you can name a AGM, but if you miss a window, you must either pick one or have one assigned for you. The AGM would become active on PM or after 6 hours of a window. An AGM pick could be vetoed before the 12hr window closes, but after that it can not be.
Interesting...

But, to keep it simple, all G.M.s must have assistants or none must.

If there ends up with more (1) votes then assistant-G.M.s could still be optional. That's possible.

Last edited:

KariyaIsGod*

VanIslander said:
Vote for (1) or (2).

(1) If one misses one's 12-hour window then we will simply go on to the next drafter and the pick will be made up whenever possible. But, if one misses a window, then one's picks in future rounds will be reduced to a 6-hour window and indicated by a ("6") next to one's name.

or

(2) Everyone get an assistant-G.M.. Before the draft starts everybody buddy up and get another G.M. in this draft to pick if one is unavailable. If an assistant-G.M. isn't chosen, one would be assigned, and remain in the position for the entire draft. The assistant-G.M. would have both:
(a) the conditional right to pick for one's team during one's 12-hour window (one could authorize them to by P.M. indicating a short list of who you'd want - if they don't pick that guy for you while you are away then you may veto the pick before an entire round has passed)
and
(b) the absolute power to pick for one's team after the 12-hour window (no veto possible). There is no extra window time. The assistant-G.M. could simply make-up the pick a.s.a.p. after the window finishes.

1 is my vote...

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I`m not sure if there`s any unclaimed/unreserved spots left, but I would very much like to apply with the Ottawa 67s if there are spaces left. I`m really intrigued by the format of this since it won`t be "the same players" as all the other drafts on this and other boards.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Definitely option 1 for me, good rule.

An assistant is great for covering missed picks and maybe uncovering a jem or two but I want the decision making power....

Therefore, not really interested in an assistant.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
reckoning said:
I`m not sure if there`s any unclaimed/unreserved spots left, but I would very much like to apply with the Ottawa 67s if there are spaces left. I`m really intrigued by the format of this since it won`t be "the same players" as all the other drafts on this and other boards.
It all depends. The previous all-time draft participants have a week to sign up. Then we will see how many we have and go from there. I put you down on the list for now.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
We could have time zone commsiioners.

Me for instance, I work till 3 am so im up least till 4 am est soemtimes I am up till 5 or 6 . I can make picks late at night for a sleepy gm who leaves me a list in order what he wants the selection.

Don't leave me or any gm with more then 3 names.

I used bm67 and benton fraser in the same way to make picks for me

im free to do picks for anyone after 2:30 am est till 6 am est.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
Great. If anyone wants to choose to have a temporary assistant-G.M. they can use Leaf Lander at the times he's indicated. He's willing to make a pick for you if you're too busy. Just send him a short list or indicate what kind of player you'd want.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
Leaf Lander said:
i dont want nicks liek that in this league

individualism = bad :)
Don't worry. I already PM'd him to select an actual team's name even if defunct. And asked if he's ready to take this seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->