All-time Draft #7 sign-up

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
No there is not. When players like Eric Staal, Dion Phaneuf and Owen Nolan are getting drafted that is bad. Why was LapierreSports, MXD, vancityluongo and Pwnasaurus let in when 24 teams is plenty? Looks like someones going to have to draft Shea Weber now to go along with Phaneuf. :help:

Even with 28 teams, if you do your homework, you shouldn't have to take either Staal or Phaneuf.

I still think 24 teams is enough though :). Oh well I think BM67 know what he's doing.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Maybe we will see more ROLE PLAYERS and less third liner oddities: Forsberg, Leclair, Nicholls, Mats Naslund, Mullen??? ... that was just strange.. those guys just aren't third liners, and with a few extra teams this draft, hopefully they won't be! Some did make sense on the third line: Modano, Primeau and fourth line: Hlinka, Smyl,... though some of them could be good bumped up a line on an all-time team.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Even with 28 teams, if you do your homework, you shouldn't have to take either Staal or Phaneuf.

I still think 24 teams is enough though :). Oh well I think BM67 know what he's doing.

I didn't take them. This draft is only going to take about a year but if BM wants it to take that long then whatever.....

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
No there is not. When players like Eric Staal, Dion Phaneuf and Owen Nolan are getting drafted that is bad. Why was LapierreSports, MXD, vancityluongo and Pwnasaurus let in when 24 teams is plenty? Looks like someones going to have to draft Shea Weber now to go along with Phaneuf. :help:

shhh..please don't talk about undrafted players! ;)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I didn't take them. This draft is only going to take about a year but if BM wants it to take that long then whatever.....
Most of us vets are pretty fast with our picks, a couple of hours... and we'll have a time reduction penalty for subsequent picks if someone misses their window... and we'll have a live round or two it seems

so things should hum along...

i think an 8 hour clock is doable because (a) it'll encourage more shortlists and (b) not a big loss to have a guy or two draft ahead of you if you miss your window ( after the first few rounds of course)

but even a 10-hour clock would be adequate

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Suggestion: Make Crosby, Ovechkin, Staal and any other player under the age of 25 in today's NHL unavailable for the draft, as playoff voting bias in their favour will be much greater than they have demonstrated careerwise, even though they lack playoff experience, the potential, potential, potential of present-day youngsters (under age 25) is too much a distortion in a history draft.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Ya and there is another problem! If we have an 8 hour clock that will kill plenty of teams. People do tend to sleep at times...... I hate sending lists, never have, never will. 8 hour clock would be just stupid especially when I sleep longer then that.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Ya and there is another problem! If we have an 8 hour clock that will kill plenty of teams. People do tend to sleep at times...... I hate sending lists, never have, never will. 8 hour clock would be just stupid especially when I sleep longer then that.
at most one would have to have a shortlist of TWO players over a 16 hour period of an 8-hour window draft... and making up a pick isn't the end of the world, especially after the first few rounds

Zetterberg4Captain*

12 hours should be the LOWEST time limit that we go to. Anything lower would be awful.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Wow this is tremendously dissapointing.

Step away from this particular forum for a few days and I'm out.

I did the whole minor league draft for practice 'cause I was really looking forwad to that.

What a bummer.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Wow this is tremendously dissapointing.

Step away from this particular forum for a few days and I'm out.

I did the whole minor league draft for practice 'cause I was really looking forwad to that.

What a bummer.

If anyone even thinks about going to 30 teams just so Mullin can participate dont even say it. 28 is already to much!!! It is his fault he was late, better luck next time!

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
volunteer to be an ALTERNATE... sometimes a guy has to bail due to commitments

and in the meantime SUB as an assistant-g.m.-on-call, willing to fill in where needed

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
If anyone even thinks about going to 30 teams just so Mullin can participate dont even say it. 28 is already to much!!! It is his fault he was late, better luck next time!

... I didn't even say they should do that, but you are awful harsh.

Have you put any time into doing this previously to act so high and mighty? It's not like someone sends out a flare over my house when the sign up thread goes up.

"It is his fault he was late"

Classy man, very classy.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The #7 All-time Draft

The Jim Coleman Conference

Don Cherry Division:

1 BM67 - New Jersey Devils
14 Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
10 HankyFourFingers - (Hartford Whalers)
17 Evil Sather - (New York Rangers)
12 reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
20 John Flyers Fan - (Philadelphia Flyers)
28 MXD - Miami Screaming Eagles

Foster Hewitt Division:

8 kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
19 VanIslander - Las Vegas Thunder
4 Nalyd Psycho - St. Louis Eagles
7 EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
21 Spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings
26 Pwnasaurus - Kansas City Scouts
9 Wisent - Adler Mannheim

The Red Fisher Conference

Jim Robson Division:

22 The Lone Elvi - Vancouver Canucks
6 pitseleh - Nanaimo Clipper
2 God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
3 Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
5 Brett_Lebda - Saskatoon Blues
24 pnep - Siberian Bears
27 vancityluongo - ?????

Bob Cole Division:

13 #66 - Les A's de Quebec
15 Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
18 raleh - (Montreal Maroons)
16 Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
11 pappyline - Barrie Flyers
23 arrbez - Aurora Tigers
25 LapierreSports -Montreal Wanderers

waiting list: shawnmullin

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I don't think there's really any use for random subbing... but oh well, thanks for the suggestions... just sucks.
how about a fixed assistant- or co-g.m. position...

it sure is fun to debate who to pick, team strategy, available options, pros and cons... better with someone on msnmessenger than just in one's own head

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Well surely, that'd be a ton better than missing out and would definately be fun... but that's up to somebody else to actually want to do that.

I appreciate the suggestions, at least you didn't just say "well too bad for you it's your fault" ;)

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
My first place team got bounced in the opening round, With the playoffs, anything can happen. And many love an underdog.

Sorry about kicking Burnaby's butt there VanIslander..................not!

It was a great series, maybe we can battle again at the end of this.

28 teams is great, just remember newbys get your picks in on time! It'll be a draft based on strategy with this many no doubt, looking forward to it.

With this many teams though, a 8-10 hour window is plenty in my opinion.

Mullen, I wouldn't mind teaming up with you for this draft, I can use all the help I can get.

Is LL going to get the draft order done up by this weekend?

Just got back from a hockey tourney dinner, Dennis Hull is here speaking, what a comedian, I'll draft him....

I'm drunk...............:handclap:

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Suggestion: Make Crosby, Ovechkin, Staal and any other player under the age of 25 in today's NHL unavailable for the draft, as playoff voting bias in their favour will be much greater than they have demonstrated careerwise, even though they lack playoff experience, the potential, potential, potential of present-day youngsters (under age 25) is too much a distortion in a history draft.
I can state with 100% conviction, that there is absolutly no voting bias for young NHLers. Against them? You bet.

Whaaa whaaa. If you can't find 672 picks worth making then from Mullin's participation in the Minor League draft, we know he can, so why not give your spot to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad