All-time Draft #7 sign-up

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Thank You to have reserved my team. It's been a long time I'm waiting for that. I'm in!

Nalyd Psycho just made the first steal of this draft! My plan all the way was to take the St-Louis Eagle as my team name!!!

Oh well, I'll settle for the
LogoNhlDetroitFalcons.jpg

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: I think it would be a good idea to put the ''newcomer'' in the same division as an expansion, and letting the experienced GM battling each other. At the end, perhaps one of us will be able to make a ''Joe Namath'' with their respective team!

Last edited:

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Im in! With no preparation, no direction, no clue how my team will turn out and no new imaginative new name. The Oilers it will be again........:yo:

I'm good with how the divisions were, maybe spread the newcomers out. Fewer days for playoffs sounds like a good idea and I'm with GBG. Lets keep the order like it is now. :devdance:

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I'm a fan of keeping the divisions the same as well. Lets us renew some rivalries we had with people the last go around.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Lets NOT keep the same divisions and hopefully we have no more then 28 teams, even that is quite a bit.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Since I hate skipped picks as much as I hate having to wait, I'd rather not go below 12 hours.

I propose 24 hours for the first round, 18 hours for the 2nd, and 12 for all rounds after that. With a skipped pick dropping your limit by one hour for each one.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Since I hate skipped picks as much as I hate having to wait, I'd rather not go below 12 hours.

I propose 24 hours for the first round, 18 hours for the 2nd, and 12 for all rounds after that. With a skipped pick dropping your limit by one hour for each one.

have u ever missed a pick

we got alot of newbies

i think it is imperative to have a 12 hr limit to impose an air of impending urgency to pick.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
A couple of the last-minute newbies could be assistant-g.m.s for teams which think they'd have trouble meeting a 12-hour clock.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
have u ever missed a pick

we got alot of newbies

i think it is imperative to have a 12 hr limit to impose an air of impending urgency to pick.

Actually, we have 17 of 20 GMs back from the last draft. (TC, Hed and mullin are the exceptions).

John Flyers Fan, Spit, Evil Sather and pnep have draft experience. Nalyd filled in for Murphy2 in the last draft, and was in the minor league draft. We know what he's capable of.

Under BM's format, we have two confirmed newbie GMs: arrbez and EagleBelfour. LapierreSports (who might be the best newcomer to HF Boards this year) and Pwnasaurus (who appears to be very knowledgeable) are on the wait list. And honestly, I think the best thing for a GM is to sit back, track a draft and get a read on the GMs. It helped me a lot when I entered in the fifth draft.

As for time limits: my suggestion would be to keep the 24/18 split from the last draft. While it was agitating at times, we still got the damn thing done in two months. (If we run with 28, getting it done in two months would be a major miracle, no matter how reliable the GMs are). I would suggest 24 hours for the first six rounds, 18 hours for the next six, and 12 for the final 12, with the usual drop-downs if you don't pick on time. There is no excuse, with the number of GMs in this draft, for not PMing a pick to another GM.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
I think we have too many teams for a 24 hour clock!!! it could take a month to do the first round.

C'mon VanIsle, 24 days at the most!

I think 12 hours is plenty, with a large draft I'm good with even less. Most GM's check in at least once a day to see where they are, it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW the 12 hr rule does not apply to GM's with back to back picks, correct?

I'm down with whatever though, would like to try a few rounds live as well.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
would like to try a few rounds live as well.
if we're going to have a long clock then any notices of a live round needs to be made a week in advance, as one has no need to check in daily right after one picks (long time until the next pick)

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Actually GBC have it your way
then im using my entire 24 hrs every pick.

:D

Also since u dont mind the 24 hr clock

u should pick after me.
Well, you would be down to 12 hours after the first miss, and that would drop down to 9 and then 6. And ask raleh how quickly I capitalize when a team in front of me misses a pick. In your case, LL, I might jump the gun.

Of course, as someone who can access HF at work, I have no problem with a 12-hour limit from the start.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Yeah let's do a 12 hour limit! If there's anyone on the waiting list that wants to be an assistant gm send me a pm, I have a training camp at the end of April and would be up for handing over the reins. Of course if nobody wants to, I'll be able to get my picks made considering I did it last year before I had a laptop and had to go to an internet cafe for every pick...plus I'm probably the most predictable gm in the draft so everyone tends to know who I'm going to pick before I even do!

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
We have to remind everyone that if you think you wont be online to make a pick you should send your pick or a list of players to a reliable GM so he can make it for you. It would also be helpfull if everyone could post when they are generally online so people will know who they should send there pick to. Maybe send BM67 a PM so he can post a list showing when GM's are typically online on the main thread somwhere.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Well, you would be down to 12 hours after the first miss, and that would drop down to 9 and then 6. And ask raleh how quickly I capitalize when a team in front of me misses a pick. In your case, LL, I might jump the gun.

Of course, as someone who can access HF at work, I have no problem with a 12-hour limit from the start.

Oh I wont miss

but u will wait

unlike you I'm not a passive agressive I am a right in your face kind of guy

u do that.....
jump the gun n pick a player b4 its your turn Ill consider drafting him.

see its a 24 hr limit rule that u want

If you want to live by the sword and then you can die by it!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad