All-Time Draft #7, Part IV

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The Wild Wild West of the good old days. Wish I was there back then, or wish I could teleport to that era with my current knowledge.

Of course, GMs of that era would have disagreed with my selections and eliminate me in the 1st round.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Yeah, and Billy Smith went 41st overall.

Bumping thread from eons ago is f***ing lame. It doesn't confirm shit other than this draft (13 years ago) it was based on what they did at the time of the selection. It says nothing about discounting the entire season they've already played. Other than confirming that people are trying to dig up anything they can to "win" an argument.

Move the ATD to June-September and this problem doesn't exist.

Otherwise, I'm not changing how I vote. Sue me.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, and Billy Smith went 41st overall.

Bumping thread from eons ago is f*cking lame. It doesn't confirm shit other than this draft (13 years ago) it was based on what they did at the time of the selection. It says nothing about discounting the entire season they've already played. Other than confirming that people are trying to dig up anything they can to "win" an argument.

Move the ATD to June-September and this problem doesn't exist.

Otherwise, I'm not changing how I vote. Sue me.
I think the bump was procedural since it was called into question, not as one emphasizing the wisdom of the past GMs.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I think the bump was procedural since it was called into question, not as one emphasizing the wisdom of the past GMs.

What was done in 2007 has no bearing on what we do today, and what we've been doing for years, at least as long as I've been doing the ATD. The fact you have long standing members like TDMM, HT and others pushing back against this ridiculous notion only reinforces that ignoring a current season, up until the selection, at the very least, makes no sense.

Trying to throw out what a player has done in the current season, especially done before a pick is made, is literally ignoring reality. It's that simple. If we start voting after the regular season is over and John Carlson, for example, is still way out in front of everyone in scoring among D, and has supporting numbers across the board that makes him a virtual lock for a Norris finalist nod, I'm giving Carlson the body of work he's accomplished up until the point of voting. I'm not giving him a Norris because that hasn't happened but ignoring the dominant year he put up? Not a chance.

But I know my limits and I'm not saying another word on the subject.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad