All-Time Draft #4

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
While everyone has their bias, I've yet to feel that there was a series my team wouldn't be at least a 50/50 chance to win against any other team.

A dominating defense (especially top 4), a money goalie, and a solid, not neccessarily spectacular set of forwards including quality muckers, grinders, and power forwards are IMO the way to go.

You are of course, entitled to your own opinion.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Evil Sather said:
While everyone has their bias, I've yet to feel that there was a series my team wouldn't be at least a 50/50 chance to win against any other team.

A dominating defense (especially top 4), a money goalie, and a solid, not neccessarily spectacular set of forwards including quality muckers, grinders, and power forwards are IMO the way to go.

You are of course, entitled to your own opinion.
That's not how the Oilers had their dynasty, the Avalanche won their Cups (better forwards than d and no power forwards), nor even the Red Wings won their Cups (Detroit never had a Top-5 goalie in their prime, just back-ups and over-the-hill guys).

There's more than one way to win the Stanley Cup again and again and again.

Zetterberg4Captain*

I select Steve Yzerman.

Last edited by a moderator:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
if AG was just joking with "screw you"

then I guess I was just joking when I said "i quit" ;).

Last edited:

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
VanIslander said:
That's not how the Oilers had their dynasty, the Avalanche won their Cups (better forwards than d and no power forwards), nor even the Red Wings won their Cups (Detroit never had a Top-5 goalie in their prime, just back-ups and over-the-hill guys).

There's more than one way to win the Stanley Cup again and again and again.

Who said that my way was the only way to win? It's my opinion that my style is the BEST style, and that's that.

And this draft isn't to determine who would win the Stanley Cup... I'd like to think any "All Time" Team could win any given years Stanley Cup, that's almost a given. If it's not, you better make some better selections :sarcasm: . It's level of competition is much higher, being every player eligible who ever played against every other player. The standards are MUCH higher.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
After watching a ton of his classic games Les As de Quebec have become obsessed with this player and has changed their veiw of the best goalie ever. He is winner of 1 Smythe, 1 Calder and 3 Vezina. His seven first team all star selections and 11 overall are records that show how dominant he was while playing for some mediocre teams. Les As de Quebec is proud to select.... "Mr. Goalie" Glenn Hall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->